Any tips to get straight A* at gcse? Watch
Start revising early; around January time. Do every past paper over and over again and start making your own when you're finished. Assume you will forget everything by the time of the exam and cover everything in revision, work hard in and out of lessons and be prepared to put your social life on hold for a few months; the good results will be worth it!!
2) Make sure you understand everything you're being taught. Ask for help when needed! If you don't understand one explanation, find another for the same concept.
3) Use the Internet to get resources, e.g. MrBruff YouTube for English, examsolutions for maths, TSR has some great revision material as a place to start.
4) Use revision techniques that work for you e.g. flash cards, mindmapping, posters, look-read-cover-write-check, making diagrams to illustrate processes etc. If you can't remember something after revising it, it isn't revision.
5) Practice with past papers (if available) and mark your own work, learning from mistakes. This is how you learn 'exam technique', by picking up the phrasing of answers, and how much you need to write for each question.
6) Start revising when you want. Too early, and you'll have forgotten what you did. Too late, and you'll stress yourself out. You'll want around 6-8 weeks to cover everything, but make sure it's doable for YOU.
7) You might lose motivation. You will want to give up - don't. Saying this, make sure you aren't revising ALL the time, you'll burn out too quickly.
8) Good luck