The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aeterna Umbra
I feel so inadequate here. Why is AAA considered the norm to you guys? That'd be insane to me. I wa pleased with my grades until I came here.

TSR is generally full of egotistical, self-titled prodigies who either get great grades and therefore **** on other people or get bad grades and lie/blame the exam board.
Results

Physics: Predicted C / Expected A / Achieved A

Maths: Predicted B / Expected A / Achieved A

Geology: Predicted B / Expected C / Achieved A

Geography: Predicted B / Expected D or below / Achieved A

Comments and reactions
I was over the moon after seeing these results especially after coming out of the exams for Geology and Geography.

Future ambitions
Physics or Civil engineering.
Results

Human Biology: Predicted A / Achieved A

Psychology: Predicted B / Achieved A

History: Predicted B / Achieved B

Chemistry: Predicted B / Achieved B

Comments and reactions
I was told I would not even get an E in Chemistry but I worked so hard and it paid off! I cried with joy when I received my results (literally!) and fell to the floor! I got 100% UMS in one of my human biology exams so really pleased with that! Unfortunately was only a few marks off an A for History but I might get it remarked, but I am dropping it so it does not matter too much!

Future ambitions
I want to study Medicine at Sheffield, so nervous but I have got over the first major hurdle!
Original post by ryanroks1
TSR is unrepresentative of the majority of students, so don't at all think your results aren't great. I got AABC (AS) which was the highest in my year group, yet on TSR, that'd put me fairly low down in the rankings. There'll also be hundreds on here who don't even post their grades for that exact reason :wink:

TOTALLY agree, TSR cannot represent the entire student population, only certain types would be attracted to this website (which are usually the more acedmaic)! I was far off 4 A's at AS (I got 2As and 2Bs) and I am the top of my school, so in my area they are incredible results, so I am sure others results are amazing. Just those with 'perfect' results like to tell people (and why not? they should be proud)!
Just be cautious of other's emotions I guess! :smile: :smile:
Original post by PrimeLime
I feel out of place even with the subjects where I only dropped a couple of UMS...

it probably isnt as bad as i performed, im going to restart everthing anyway
Results

Maths A2 (edexcel): Predicted A / Achieved A (524/600)

Psychology AS (AQA A): Predicted A / Achieved A (196/200)

Biology AS (AQA): Predicted A / Achieved A (262/300)

History AS (edexcel): Predicted A / Achieved A (171/200)

Comments and reactions
chuffed about maths but gutted about history as I messed up the source paper badly. I'm also surprised about my bio scores because they were my easiest exams! Please tell me my ums is good enough to apply to cambridge:frown: Seriously though, well done to everyone!!

Future ambitions
Psychology and behavioural sciences at cambridge!
Original post by honeypot43
Results

Maths A2 (edexcel): Predicted A / Achieved A (524/600)

Psychology AS (AQA A): Predicted A / Achieved A (196/200)

Biology AS (AQA): Predicted A / Achieved A (262/300)

History AS (edexcel): Predicted A / Achieved A (171/200)

Comments and reactions
chuffed about maths but gutted about history as I messed up the source paper badly. I'm also surprised about my bio scores because they were my easiest exams! Please tell me my ums is good enough to apply to cambridge:frown: Seriously though, well done to everyone!!

Future ambitions
Psychology and behavioural sciences at cambridge!

The main thing with Cambridge will be your personal statement and interview (sometimes heavily for some colleges). I know people studying English at Cambridge with 3 Bs. The care more about you as a person than your results.
Original post by HannahMusgrave
The main thing with Cambridge will be your personal statement and interview (sometimes heavily for some colleges). I know people studying English at Cambridge with 3 Bs. The care more about you as a person than your results.

that's what I was focusing on anyways but everyone was freaking out about ums so i started to as well! Thank you though!!
Results

AQA Sociology: Predicted A / Achieved A
WJEC English Language and Literature: Predicted C / Achieved B
Edexcel History: Predicted D / Achieved A
Original post by icecreamcake
Thank you for the suggestion! I've just did that a few minutes ago :smile:

Lets hope we get our scripts back promptly so we can decide if we want a remark or not!

Hi, I've asked for a couple of 'recalls' yesterday afternoon. Lets hope :smile:
Original post by jchampjchamp
TSR is generally full of egotistical, self-titled prodigies who either get great grades and therefore **** on other people or get bad grades and lie/blame the exam board.

Yeah, that seems about right.
Original post by honeypot43
that's what I was focusing on anyways but everyone was freaking out about ums so i started to as well! Thank you though!!

dont worry! your grades are amazing, it is a myth that you need over 90% to get an A * next year anyway, so as long as you have high, consistent grades, you will be fine in the respect!
I did
Geography - predicted B, got an A
History - predicted B, got an A
Psychology - predicted C, got an A
Biology - predicted C, thought I'd got a U and actually got a B
General Studies - predicted C, got a C!
I was so happy and suprised with my results, thought I'd got someone else's to begin with!
Results

Biology: Predicted A / Achieved A

Chemistry: Predicted A / Achieved A

Maths: Predicted A / Achieved A

Physics: Predicted A / Achieved A

Really pleased with my results, I felt that my college predicted me too high! Physics definitely was a surprise, after the exam I sincerely felt that I got a D - I almost died when I saw the A xD

Future ambitions
Medicineeeeeeeeeeeee
I did:
Biology, predicted a C, but got a B :smile:
Physics, predicted a C, but got an A
English Literature, predicted a B, got an A
Chemistry, predicted a C, got an A

Overall I'm very pleased with my results:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Future ambitions: Medical Sciences or Medicine at Exeter:yep::yep:
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 395
Original post by Zer0.
Why the **** everyone here predicted straight A's? I'm fully just sitting here, predicted 4 C's and that :colonhash:

Lol same got BCCU

Posted from TSR Mobile
A in History
B in English Literature
B in German
B in Psychology
B in General Studies
So pleased :smile::smile::smile:
Original post by matty9
It depends on your exam board but for AQA you can use this http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/about-results/uniform-mark-scale/convert-marks-to-ums

It converts raw marks to UMS but you can just choose your exam plus the year then it displays a graph where you can just read off your raw mark.

Thanks, you're a star! I don't think I can do it for AQA?
Results

AQA Biology: Predicted C / Achieved B

OCR Chemistry: Predicted C / Achieved B

OCR Maths: Predicted B / Achieved B

OCR Physics: Predicted C / Achieved C

Comments and reactions
Overall really happy with this, and hoping to send my maths C1 paper off for remark as I was only 2 UMS off an A
Hi guys. I recieved my AS results and was very disheartened by my PSYB1 and PSYB2 AQA psychology grades. Throughout the year I had been getting straight A's and had put a lot of effort into the exams to come to a shock of a disappointing grade. Has anyone else experience this or/and getting a remark?

Latest