The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

chats
what is the work? what are the hours?
lol i'm not about to graduate, i'm starting eng in oct :smile:

Me too :biggrin: Where are you going?

Work is umm...read this: http://www.gs.com/careers/inside_goldman_sachs/business_snapshot/equities/index.html

I wouldn't mind equity research. I almost went to do economics, but at the last minute decided it wasn't for me.
Reply 21
Mysticmin
Me too :biggrin: Where are you going?

Work is umm...read this: http://www.gs.com/careers/inside_goldman_sachs/business_snapshot/equities/index.html

I wouldn't mind equity research. I almost went to do economics, but at the last minute decided it wasn't for me.

i'm not too sure yet.
so you already know what you want too do and you aint even started uni? i thought u meant they had made u a job offer! oh its like a banking security firm. is it like getting a job with HSBC or something?
chats
i'm not too sure yet.
so you already know what you want too do and you aint even started uni? i thought u meant they had made u a job offer! oh its like a banking security firm. is it like getting a job with HSBC or something?

ah no goldman sachs is an investment bank. working there's sort of akin to being a stock broker, or a trader or an investment analyst (you know those city hotshots that economists always harp on about?) That's why i was originally going to do economics.

But I'm not sure now, I may want to go into research instead, banking is losing it's appeal.

Which uni this oct chats?
Reply 23
Mysticmin
ah no goldman sachs is an investment bank. working there's sort of akin to being a stock broker, or a trader or an investment analyst (you know those city hotshots that economists always harp on about?) That's why i was originally going to do economics.

But I'm not sure now, I may want to go into research instead, banking is losing it's appeal.

Which uni this oct chats?

oh ok, what do you mean research? will u get paid?
well i'm either going bath or birmingham. what about you?
chats
oh ok, what do you mean research? will u get paid?
well i'm either going bath or birmingham. what about you?

Yup, some sort of corporate research i guess, into new technology. My ideas about that are still a bit fuzzy. Imperial, no insurance though so I'd better get those damn grades.
Reply 25
Mysticmin
Yup, some sort of corporate research i guess, into new technology. My ideas about that are still a bit fuzzy. Imperial, no insurance though so I'd better get those damn grades.

imperial really? ur not doing mechanical are you? david robb is father of my friends friend (hes the head of eng or something)
chats
imperial really? ur not doing mechanical are you? david robb is father of my friends friend (hes the head of eng or something)

Mechanical :smile:
Yup, he was the great dude who let me onto the course late due to my change of subjects.
Reply 27
Mysticmin
Mechanical :smile:
Yup, he was the great dude who let me onto the course late due to my change of subjects.

that was nice of him, i thought he was a mean mean man
Reply 28
so what grades do u need and what do u have already?
chats
so what grades do u need and what do u have already?

At the moment I had at AS AAAA
I need AAB at A2.

You?

chats
that was nice of him, i thought he was a mean mean man

Really? :confused: He seemed nice...maybe that was part of the selling act.
Reply 30
i'm in a different boat then you

i need ABC but at the moment ive only got BBD :frown:
chats
i'm in a different boat then you

i need ABC but at the moment ive only got BBD :frown:

You'll get ABC at least with retakes, no giving up hope yet. :cool: Is your next exam P3 on the 9th of june?
Reply 32
Mysticmin
You'll get ABC at least with retakes, no giving up hope yet. :cool: Is your next exam P3 on the 9th of june?

yeh i hope so. yeh on the 9th aswell as P1 resit
chats
yeh i hope so. yeh on the 9th aswell as P1 resit

only 20 days from then on. Then it's going to be a really good summer... :smile:
Reply 34
Mysticmin
only 20 days from then on. Then it's going to be a really good summer... :smile:

19 for me, last exam on the 28th :smile:
then i'm gonna have the best summer ever!!!!!!..................till the 19th of august :redface:
chats
19 for me, last exam on the 28th :smile:
then i'm gonna have the best summer ever!!!!!!..................till the 19th of august :redface:

Argh, i have f.maths on the 29th. Grrr.

yeah we'll forget about the 19th for now...tra la la la la.
Reply 36
Mysticmin
Argh, i have f.maths on the 29th. Grrr.

yeah we'll forget about the 19th for now...tra la la la la.

lol good luck in all ur exams!
chats
lol good luck in all ur exams!

you too! I'm off, been staring at the computer screen too long, it's making my eyes go funny. Talk to you later! :smile:
Reply 38
KR2004

I've heard that it's 9 to 5 every day except Wednesday?! Is this true?

Ouch.....I thought it was gonna be about 2 hours of lectures and some studying.

*Ian's heart sinks as he realizes that he's in for 4 years of work :frown: *

I hope they have an Aeronautical Engineering Degree program on DVD with surround sound. That would save me a lot of hassel :tongue:
Reply 39
Me me me!!!!

Electrical and proud :smile:

Latest