The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

n2sky_dvn
Ouch.....I thought it was gonna be about 2 hours of lectures and some studying.

*Ian's heart sinks as he realizes that he's in for 4 years of work :frown: *

I hope they have an Aeronautical Engineering Degree program on DVD with surround sound. That would save me a lot of hassel :tongue:

Ah Ian, if you wanted 2 hrs worth of lectures a day you should have gone and done maths...no practicals :tongue:
Reply 41
I'll be doing chemical engineering at Oxford, hopefully.
Reply 42
Is it just me or do people in general just think engineers fix washing machines and cars?
shiny
Is it just me or do people in general just think engineers fix washing machines and cars?

And wear hard hats on building sites....
Pencil Queen
And wear hard hats on building sites....

.. And generally sit on UKL starting campaigns and societies :wink:
Reply 45
Mysticmin
.. And generally sit on UKL starting campaigns and societies :wink:

I've never started a society before? Purely a campaign man :cool:
shiny
I've never started a society before? Purely a campaign man :cool:

Ok, starting campaigns then! Oh no, I've just hijacked the Scottish Highers Forum :mad: This is all chickens fault, I never used to do this before speaking to him.
Reply 47
Mysticmin
Ok, starting campaigns then! Oh no, I've just hijacked the Scottish Highers Forum :mad: This is all chickens fault, I never used to do this before speaking to him.

I'm sure the Scots won't mind if you make a small addition to your sig :wink:
shiny
I'm sure the Scots won't mind if you make a small addition to your sig :wink:

Done.
Reply 49
depending on grades I'll be doing Mech Eng at Nottingham in September
Reply 50
Recusant

Wicked! Another eng!
shiny
Wicked! Another eng!

Yeah who said we were a dying species...
Reply 52
Recusant

Oh ... add us to your sig :wink:
Reply 53
Alright engineering people! Lets have some questions or points of discussion to get things going on this thread! :biggrin:
shiny
Alright engineering people! Lets have some questions or points of discussion to get things going on this thread! :biggrin:

Someone tell me how to do the damned physics synoptic unit, or else I'm not going to make it to graduation.
Mysticmin
Someone tell me how to do the damned physics synoptic unit, or else I'm not going to make it to graduation.

there is no real way to prepare for the synoptic other than to go through past papers and learn the style of question they will ask you. I have to say that the synoptic is a bitch, I only got 14 out of 60 in my mock.
wiwarin_mir
there is no real way to prepare for the synoptic other than to go through past papers and learn the style of question they will ask you. I have to say that the synoptic is a bitch, I only got 14 out of 60 in my mock.

Yup, I suppose I should stop moaning and do some work. Hopefully I'll make up missed marks with last year's overlap and the other two papers.
Mysticmin
Yup, I suppose I should stop moaning and do some work. Hopefully I'll make up missed marks with last year's overlap and the other two papers.

I am taking PSA1 and PSA4 resits along with PSA5 and the synoptic, so I have a nice bit of revision to do.
wiwarin_mir
I am taking PSA1 and PSA4 resits along with PSA5 and the synoptic, so I have a nice bit of revision to do.

I should go do that now. Though not physics, that torture's saved for sunday, my traditional misery day.
Reply 59
What is a synoptic paper? (Ignorant Scottish student here)

Latest

Trending

Trending