2ne1Aaron
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I really think I've done bad in my AQA sociology exam,that I can't stop thinking about it,I just want to see an insight on how people think they have done.

To be honest I think I got a C(very low);A D in Family and Households and maybe a B or a C in Education=Overall a C

This is good for me,but the feeling of me just about missing it makes me even more nervous and upsetting
emiloujess
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by 2ne1Aaron)
I really think I've done bad in my AQA sociology exam,that I can't stop thinking about it,I just want to see an insight on how people think they have done.

To be honest I think I got a C(very low);A D in Family and Households and maybe a B or a C in Education=Overall a C

This is good for me,but the feeling of me just about missing it makes me even more nervous and upsetting
I did the same units you did Try not to worry about it too much and keep as busy as you can. Personally I think I got a C at best, I've always been very bad at predicting my grades though...
2ne1Aaron
Rep:
?
(Original post by emiloujess)
I did the same units you did Try not to worry about it too much and keep as busy as you can. Personally I think I got a C at best, I've always been very bad at predicting my grades though...
Sort of for me as well,I guess the results will speak for it's self.
emiloujess
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sort of for me as well,I guess the results will speak for it's self.
I'm hoping we did better than we thought, I need at least a B to be able to apply to my fave uni/course! What are your other subjects?
2ne1Aaron
Rep:
?
I'm hoping we did better than we thought, I need at least a B to be able to apply to my fave uni/course! What are your other subjects?
Religious Studies and BTEC applied Science
emiloujess
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Religious Studies and BTEC applied Science
Mine are Psychology and Film Studies
2ne1Aaron
Rep:
?
Mine are Psychology and Film Studies
What do you want to do in university,mine is probably sociology or anthropology.
emiloujess
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What do you want to do in university,mine is probably sociology or anthropology.
I'm hoping to study Politics and International Relations at Keele University... grades permitting of course Have you looked at any universities yet?
2ne1Aaron
Rep:
?
I'm hoping to study Politics and International Relations at Keele University... grades permitting of course Have you looked at any universities yet?
I went to Brunel,the environment felt really positive and the course with in sociology and anthropology was really linked into my hobbies,but Roehampton had a more serious feel,which could really get me somewhere because it was linked more into careers.
chickenfoot
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i think i got an A in families and households, i have the essay plans etched into my brain. and maybe C/D in education and research methods, i was panicking in unit 2, i didnt write enough and i started writing on page 2 and then going back to page 1 (silly me). o well, i dont mind retaking unit 2
2ne1Aaron
Rep:
?
(Original post by chickenfoot)
i think i got an A in families and households, i have the essay plans etched into my brain. and maybe C/D in education and research methods, i was panicking in unit 2, i didnt write enough and i started writing on page 2 and then going back to page 1 (silly me). o well, i dont mind retaking unit 2
The question i' m really panicking from education,was the social policy,I only talked about my class,which was common with my friends as well;didn't even knew from that time what social groups meant.
chickenfoot
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The question i' m really panicking from education,was the social policy,I only talked about my class,which was common with my friends as well;didn't even knew from that time what social groups meant.
same! i didnt even revise gender or ethnicity policies. my teacher said they are considered hard questions when they say groups. i'm hoping you dont get bound to a certain band for not mentioning the two, but i think at least mentioning one is better.yeah i royally f*cked up :-)
2ne1Aaron
Rep:
?
(Original post by chickenfoot)
same! i didnt even revise gender or ethnicity policies. my teacher said they are considered hard questions when they say groups. i'm hoping you dont get bound to a certain band for not mentioning the two, but i think at least mentioning one is better.yeah i royally f*cked up :-)
No one liked Official Statistics either,and the questionnaire linking to ethnicity required a bit of thinking to do,but anyways hopefully these grade boundaries for this years sociology is lower,to put us more in hope
chickenfoot
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No one liked Official Statistics either,and the questionnaire linking to ethnicity required a bit of thinking to do,but anyways hopefully these grade boundaries for this years sociology is lower,to put us more in hope
the grade boundaries have increased each year
but whatevs results day soon wooop
emiloujess
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I went to Brunel,the environment felt really positive and the course with in sociology and anthropology was really linked into my hobbies,but Roehampton had a more serious feel,which could really get me somewhere because it was linked more into careers.
Yes, Keele has lots of career opportunities too

I really liked the social policy question! I didn't know what social groups meant either, I think I just wrote about classes but my teacher told me I'd only lose a few marks because of it

That question was pure luck for me, my mock question was very similar. I'm really hoping the boundaries are low too though
2ne1Aaron
Rep:
?
Yes, Keele has lots of career opportunities too

I really liked the social policy question! I didn't know what social groups meant either, I think I just wrote about classes but my teacher told me I'd only lose a few marks because of it

That question was pure luck for me, my mock question was very similar. I'm really hoping the boundaries are low too though

And the social policy for the family was horrible I only talked about a few policies,With too many theories.
mogwai98
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I feel I may end up with a C... Last night I had a bit of a panic attack and started wondering whether I might get a D (or even worse!), basically because I messed up the first exam big time. The second went better but I'm not sure if it'll be enough to bring my grade up much overall. I did F&H and Health. Good luck with results everyone
AmyPilot
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
oh I miss Sociology - good luck you guys and try not to let the worry get to you. If you are at AS then you have another year to fix it if something doesn't go quite right!

all the best
emiloujess
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
And the social policy for the family was horrible I only talked about a few policies,With too many theories.
My only strength in Sociology is Social Policy, so I got lucky somehow. I hated the Childhood question though, it was my downfall
2ne1Aaron
Rep:
?
My only strength in Sociology is Social Policy, so I got lucky somehow. I hated the Childhood question though, it was my downfall
I hated childhood,your not the only one,totally messed up the structure,why the hell did I not use Palmer and UNICEF,I suppose I used Postman.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (121)
28.27%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.32%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.63%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.35%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.44%

Watched Threads