The Student Room Group

what happens if I only get 2 as levels?

I do 3 a levels, and I'm almost sure that I have failed one out of the 3 a levels that I do, which would leave me with 2 a levels. As well as this, the a level that I don't want to continue next year is the one that I think I have failed, however unfortunately only doing 3 a levels I have no choice but to carry it onto next year. :/ so do you think I can drop one and do a btec instead? would that work out? what are my other options?
thanks.
Original post by loveleest
I do 3 a levels, and I'm almost sure that I have failed one out of the 3 a levels that I do, which would leave me with 2 a levels. As well as this, the a level that I don't want to continue next year is the one that I think I have failed, however unfortunately only doing 3 a levels I have no choice but to carry it onto next year. :/ so do you think I can drop one and do a btec instead? would that work out? what are my other options?
thanks.

From my point of view, you have three options:
1) Continue with the 2 A2s you have started and take two additional AS levels (even with the changing system some subjects have stuck with the separate AS qualification). Some unis will accept this as an alternative to a third A-Level,
2) Just finish the two A2s and look at Foundation courses at university (this will mean you will have to pay another year's worth of tuition fees and stay an extra year)
3) Do what you yourself suggested and do a BTEC qualification. Try and at least do 1 A2 alongside this though, it will probably put you in a better position.
Either way, wait until Results Day before making your final decision - you may be pleasantly surprised!

Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest