if i only get 2 as levels?

Watch
loveleest
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I do 3 a levels, and I'm almost sure that I have failed one out of the 3 a levels that I do, which would leave me with 2 a levels. As well as this, the a level that I don't want to continue next year is the one that I think I have failed, however unfortunately only doing 3 a levels I have no choice but to carry it onto next year. :/ so do you think I can drop one and do a btec instead? would that work out? what are my other options?
thanks.
QueenBee98
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by loveleest)
I do 3 a levels, and I'm almost sure that I have failed one out of the 3 a levels that I do, which would leave me with 2 a levels. As well as this, the a level that I don't want to continue next year is the one that I think I have failed, however unfortunately only doing 3 a levels I have no choice but to carry it onto next year. :/ so do you think I can drop one and do a btec instead? would that work out? what are my other options?
thanks.
Ah, I see that you may have the same situation that I might be facing! I think I have failed one of my subjects as well - but I want to continue it next year. You can do a BTEC alongside two A Levels (I am sure of that as I am one of those students), but it just depends on the College/Sixth Form that you go to. When I first went to college I signed myself up for A Level Art, A Level English Language and A Level Creative Writing. However, through no fault of my own, I was informed that the A Level Art course was being scrapped due to a lack of applicants. I didn't think this was too bad as I still had Creative Writing. They then scrapped that as well. So, I was the ONLY student in the entire college to have two of my subjects scrapped. I chose to take on English Literature - in which this is the one that I think I have failed - and I was given the chance to do a BTEC Art Course, although due to my A Levels I was only allowed to do a Certificate this year. I got a Merit for my Art so I will be now moving on to a Sub Dip, which is now equivalent (if I was to get a merit) to a C grade in terms of points.

So yes, you can do a BTEC alongside your A Levels, but I don't know what type of BTEC qualification you will be put under. My friend does A Level Maths, GCSE English and BTEC ICT, though I think she does an extended diploma in IT due to only having one A Level. I think that a few of my friends are doing the same this year too! I'm very sorry to have babbled on a bit, but yes, you are allowed to do both - as long as they fit into your timetable well and don't clash.
loveleest
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (175)
44.3%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (43)
10.89%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (32)
8.1%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (83)
21.01%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (39)
9.87%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (23)
5.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed