The Student Room Group

Pre AS level summer revision guidance needed, help appreciated!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vd12345
I've decided on c1-4, m1, s1 for maths and fp1-3 for fm... I need 3 more modules :smile: its A LOT of hard work doing this much maths during the summer tbh. How many hours should I spend a day? i don't plan to do anything else, other than read through the head start books (which i'll buy tomorrow). I really want to get c1,c2,s1 done; just don't know how lmuch time i'll need? Rough estimate please 😋

C1 can be done in a week, C2 probably the same or slightly more, S1 can be done in a few days seeing as a significant portion of it is in the GCSE syllabus
Original post by tommyprice5
C1 can be done in a week, C2 probably the same or slightly more, S1 can be done in a few days seeing as a significant portion of it is in the GCSE syllabus

Thank you ☺️
Are you asian?
Do you go to a private school?
No worries
No, I just like Maths ahaha
Yeah I do
Is anyone here starting/ finished their A Level Chemistry and Biology? If so, could anyone reference/ recommend a chemistry and biology textbook other than the CGP book?

It took me roughly 1-2 weeks to do C1...
I would say 3hrs a day of practice/ procrastinating over the holidays, whatever strategy suits you best...
I've just finished Edexcel Maths, Aqa Chemistry and Aqa Biology. Exam solutions is awesome for maths. The CGP textbooks were all I needed for Biology and Chemistry. I also had the Oxford book for chemistry and Nelson Thornes for Biology but I never looked at these one I discovered CGP book.

Another thing I heavily relied for Chemistry were these incredibly detailed and condensed notes Chemrevise.org

Finally YouTube erintoul aqa Chemistry and you'll find some awesome videos teaching you it all. Have a look at them if you want a head start.

Original post by Metapheonix
Is anyone here starting/ finished their A Level Chemistry and Biology? If so, could anyone reference/ recommend a chemistry and biology textbook other than the CGP book?

It took me roughly 1-2 weeks to do C1...
I would say 3hrs a day of practice/ procrastinating over the holidays, whatever strategy suits you best...
Original post by Kill3er
I've just finished Edexcel Maths, Aqa Chemistry and Aqa Biology. Exam solutions is awesome for maths. The CGP textbooks were all I needed for Biology and Chemistry. I also had the Oxford book for chemistry and Nelson Thornes for Biology but I never looked at these once I discovered CGP book.

Another thing I heavily relied for Chemistry were these incredibly detailed and condensed notes Chemrevise.org

Finally YouTube erintoul aqa Chemistry and you'll find some awesome videos teaching you it all. Have a look at them if you want a head start.

Thanks - but have you ever compared the CGP against the oxford and Nelson Thornes?

Quick Reply

Latest