The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan payment

Hi I recently enrolled at my uni online and also received my students finance entitlement summary back in February. My uni have confirmed my enrolment with student finance and I've received confirmation of this. Is there anything I need to do on my first day at uni granted my enrolment is done and my uni has confirmed this? Also, does this mean I'll get paid on the first day?

Blog: www.thenubianrapunzel.com
It is confirmation of attendance that releases the first payment, not confirmation of enrolment. The University will have a process for confirming your attendance during induction.
Great. Thanks for confirming

Original post by applicationa
It is confirmation of attendance that releases the first payment, not confirmation of enrolment. The University will have a process for confirming your attendance during induction.
Reply 3
Original post by Nubian Rapunzel
Also, does this mean I'll get paid on the first day?

No, that won't happen.

As above, you will enrol/confirm attendance on campus sometime during Induction Week - your uni will advise date, time and venue nearer the time. Once the uni has proof that you are physically at uni, they will inform Student Finance and SF will then release your first payment to your bank.

This money can take anything from three working days after you confirm attendance, to a couple of weeks. There are three organisations involved and delays can happen with any of them My uni once delayed informing SF for three weeks, as they'd stuffed up the onsite enrolment.

I would advise arriving at uni with enough money to support yourself for at least a week - two weeks would be better, just in case.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending