Attack on Bloodhound Watch

This discussion is closed.
notregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Hello

I've been having a look around this pretty excellent forum and what seems to crop up a few times is the battle between mathematicians and physicists (as commented somewhere previously)

Don't you think Bloodhound (leading the mathematicians argument) should call a truce with whoever is leading the physicist's argument?

Shouldn't we just regard mathematics and physics as complementary tools which work together just fine, for whom without, we'd still be in a very early time of development in our understanding of many many things?

Just a thought
Unregistered2
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I think you should attack Sir I. Newton instead (no, not the dead man, the guy who posts here under that name).
PHIL
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Why should any1 attack any1 else??, though it could be kinda interesting to watch.

Phil
notregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
So Bloodhound vs. Sir I. Newton

I agree with Phil, interesting to watch - perhaps we should make it pay per view
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Small problem, neither of them are actually in the forum at the moment.

Phil
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 16 years ago
How much can we charge for the viewing rights??
Leekey
Report 16 years ago
You at work experience (again) PHIL???
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You know it m8. I'b been stuck here from 7:30-16:30 GMT since monday the 7th, but only have two whole days left. That's pretty much why I've been on this forum so often in the last couple of days. you still down the pub?

Phil
Leekey
Report 16 years ago
Im working now (or I should be anyway) but I ain't too bothered by it because I can work in my mates garden while getting some rays.
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What work ya doing???

Phil
Unregistered2
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by notregistered
So Bloodhound vs. Sir I. Newton

I agree with Phil, interesting to watch - perhaps we should make it pay per view
There is sickeningly enough "debate" if you can call it that in the Maths and Further Maths thread that it's beginning to tick me off, simply because of the incessant Newton butt-kissing by Sir I. Newton and extension of that to physics and Stephen Hawking (not Hawkings as that guy keeps on writing, dear me), with further blabber by Bloodhound. Seeing that thread being brought up almost everyday is very irritating, since what is being discussed is pointless: math vs physics, Newton is the greatest scientist, yadda yadda.
Ollie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
where do i fall? ive done both maths and physics this year?
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You're like people with dual nationalities during war, you gotta be locked up in jail during the duration. Just to get this debate rolling though, which did you prefer.

Phil
Leekey
Report 16 years ago
I'm making 100 copies of a well known software package for a local business. I would tell you the name of the software and the business but I don't think that would be a good idea (for pretty obvious reasons).
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
How much you making outta that???
Phil
Ollie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
maths is much harder than physics. But i would say i enjoyed physics more.
Leekey
Report 16 years ago
I cannot tell you that because for what I am doing to be legal, I must do them for free.

HOWEVER, if the owner of the company wishes to give me a "gift" of £10 for every copy, then I will not complain
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You're both very generous people, what with you giving him the software, and him giving you ten pounds a disk.

Phil
Leekey
Report 16 years ago
It will work out cheaper for him because if he was to buy the software "off the shelf" then it would cost £350 per disk.
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
He's not generous enough then.,

Phil
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (220)
12.48%
Excited (165)
9.36%
Worried (308)
17.47%
Terrified (389)
22.06%
Meh (182)
10.32%
Confused (38)
2.16%