Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    u must be rolling in it??

love Katy ***

Not particularly, I mean I'm alright and everything but the following are costing me heavily:

Holiday To Sweeden
    Holiday To Greece
    Drinking Heavily While Here And On Holiday
    G'friend (she's in S.Africa till September And I Am Stupid Enough To Be Phoning Her Every Day

ReputationRep:
    Why don't I feel sorry for you?????

Phil

Im not feeling sorry for myself, my life is decent (exception of K being in S.Africa) at moment. It will all change when college starts again though.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah see my summer hols are, and will continue to be ****, and so is school, therefore, I'm counting down the time till Uni.

Phil

ReputationRep:
    i just wish i knew if i was going????

love Katy***

You have got some wait then. Have you sorted out what others your applying to yet (other than Oxford)???

ReputationRep:
    Where you got offers from, what for, and in what subjects?

Phil

ReputationRep:
    That was for Katy, but it seems I misunderstood, have you just done AS or A2?

pHIL

You will get in Katy!!!

Even if you don't get the grades for your choices, you can get into good Uni's via clearing. I have a friend who got into Nottingham because she missed out on Oxford and Imperial (very clever girl).

ReputationRep:
    i just did my a2. and i made a brave descision and decided not to put an insurance in, turing down some very "good" universities!

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    What's your choice though, and for what subjects?

ReputationRep:
    durham- natural sciences - requiring AAA

love Katy ***

Out of blind curiosity and worry about my own AS results..

What were your AS grades Katy???

ReputationRep:
    Katy,
    What subjects you done?
    How come you didn't choose an insurance?

Phil

ReputationRep:
    my original as grades were a in welsh a in maths b in physics b in geog. thou i resat parts of physics n gego to get a's. then droped welsh and geog. and sat physics maths psychology(as and a2 in a year) and as law.

and i didnt choose an insurance because id hate going somewhere because i wasnt good enough to get into the place i wanted to go to. so by only choosing durham, if im not good enough to go this year, ill take a year out and go next year. + i didnt like anywhere else and i fell in love with durham!

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel, cause I really fell in love with Oxford, but my chances of getting in are so slim, I need an insurance. I really really wanna go, but I probably won't get in, which sucks.

Phil

I have come to the following conclusion about picking a University:

I want to go to a University in the top half or third in the rankings for Comp. Sci. but I am not willing to spend 3 years of my life in a **** hole with no nightlife * cough * Birmingham * cough *.

I actually quite like Durham but their policy for picking Comp. Sci. students SUCKS!!!

ReputationRep:
    if you love a place, you should go for it. give it your best shot. and the guy at durham said to me "if i didnt belive you were capable of getting AAA i wouldnt have offfered it to you, so if i can have faith in you, dont you think its about time you had faith in yourself" and you can make a beter descision on your insurance when you know what all your offers are.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    what is their policy??

love Katy ***

Poll
Do you have any savings?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.