Amateur boxing at warwick university

Watch
Simon Kemp
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
After three years of hard work by a team of dedicated and courageous individuals, Warwick will no longer enjoy the distinction of being the only English Russell Group University without a campus~based, student~run Amateur Boxing Club affiliated to the National Governing Body, England Boxing Limited.
It would be great to hear from any "Freshers" who are commencing their studies at the University of Warwick in October 2015 and have either Boxed competitively at junior level, or are interested in taking up the "Noble Art of Self~Defence" on arrival at University.
mctruffle
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What? Is there a university boxing club starting up? I would be so interested in this!
Simon Kemp
Rep:
?
(Original post by mctruffle)
What? Is there a university boxing club starting up? I would be so interested in this!
There sure is! Please see the Club's "Facebook" page for further information. Come along to Fresher's Fayre on 3rd/4th October to meet the gang at the Boxing Club's stall.
mctruffle
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
"There sure is! Please see the Club's "Facebook" page for further information. Come along to Fresher's Fayre on 3rd/4th October to meet the gang at the Boxing Club's stall."

When are they planning to train? Will they form a squad for competing too? I'm a second year who really missed boxing this past year at Warwick. I was actually planning on starting a society this academic year due to all the heavy bags lying around the sports centre.
mctruffle
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
When are they planning to train? Will they form a squad for competing too? I'm a second year who really missed boxing this past year at Warwick. I was actually planning on starting a society this academic year due to all the heavy bags lying around the sports centre.

(Original post by Simon Kemp)
There sure is! Please see the Club's "Facebook" page for further information. Come along to Fresher's Fayre on 3rd/4th October to meet the gang at the Boxing Club's stall.
Simon Kemp
Rep:
?
Hi, McTruffle,
As far as I know, Coach Nigel Howell is hoping to enter a team into the British University and College Sport ("BUCS") Championships in February but you really need to contact him - and Acting Club President Tom Wingfield - via "Facebook" for more information.
Did you do any competitive Boxing - or even training to compete - before you arrived at Warwick University?
Regards,
Simon Kemp
(S. KEMP)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
14.48%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.52%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
4.83%
I need help with my personal statement (60)
41.38%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (36)
24.83%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.07%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (10)
6.9%

Watched Threads