The Student Room Group

The "Acer Aspire E5-571 15.6 Inch Intel i5 1.7GHz Dual Core 4GB 1TB Laptop - Purple" is a better laptop by far - there's more than double the hard drive space (so you can store more files, photos etc.), and the processor is better (so the computer will be faster). The only downside to this laptop is that it's refurbished; someone had it before, and there was a fault, though the fault has been fixed.

The other laptop is brand new, but I think it's worth getting the second one, simply because it's more powerful.
Original post by doctorwhofan98
The "Acer Aspire E5-571 15.6 Inch Intel i5 1.7GHz Dual Core 4GB 1TB Laptop - Purple" is a better laptop by far - there's more than double the hard drive space (so you can store more files, photos etc.), and the processor is better (so the computer will be faster). The only downside to this laptop is that it's refurbished; someone had it before, and there was a fault, though the fault has been fixed.

The other laptop is brand new, but I think it's worth getting the second one, simply because it's more powerful.

Thanks <3 but am scared since the chances of getting faulty again are high ;/
Original post by PrincessAnna

I really wouldn't worry about it - the page states there's a 12 month warranty (and if there are faults due to the refurbishment, they'll appear within the time period), professional refurbishment is often to a very high standard (so you'll see cosmetic marks at most), and the seller is Argos, a major, trustworthy brand.

After a few years, when newer and more demanding software is available, and when you've got a tonne of photos/videos etc., then you'll appreciate the power of the better laptop.
Original post by doctorwhofan98
I really wouldn't worry about it - the page states there's a 12 month warranty (and if there are faults due to the refurbishment, they'll appear within the time period), professional refurbishment is often to a very high standard (so you'll see cosmetic marks at most), and the seller is Argos, a major, trustworthy brand.

After a few years, when newer and more demanding software is available, and when you've got a tonne of photos/videos etc., then you'll appreciate the power of the better laptop.

Okay thanks so much :smile:))))
Original post by PrincessAnna

Refurbished is always how you get better laptops cheaper.

I once bought a refurbished laptop, called them up as it was no here on time and they said "we're currently building it now"... It turned out to be a brand new one lol.

Worst case scenario, it can be instantly returned, but the second one is much better.
Original post by ComputerMaths97
Refurbished is always how you get better laptops cheaper.

I once bought a refurbished laptop, called them up as it was no here on time and they said "we're currently building it now"... It turned out to be a brand new one lol.

Worst case scenario, it can be instantly returned, but the second one is much better.

Oh aha :P xD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending