The Student Room Group

Year 12's entering year 13

Have you started writing your personal statements?! Have you even chosen what course you guys wanna pursue?!

I've been mulling it over for a while now.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Oh god I can't even decide on a course
Lol, I'm enjoying my summer first :smile: I might start my personal statement at the end of August
Original post by High Stakes
Have you started writing your personal statements?! Have you even chosen what course you guys wanna pursue?!

I written it for Economics and already submitted draft to school but for some reason, Engineering keeps nagging me in my head :tongue:
Original post by SheLikeTheMango
I written it for Economics and already submitted draft to school but for some reason, Engineering keeps nagging me in my head :tongue:

Haha! It's difficult man. We're choosing what to do for the rest of our lives.
I'm set on medicine, so I'm definitely going to write my personal statement over summer. Although, I'm going to wait til results day before I fully get into it since my results might mean that I'm not applying until next year. If that is the case, writing a PS before results day would be a complete waste of time :tongue:
Reply 6
Don't have a clue

Posted from TSR Mobile
Applying for chemical engineering. Have no clue where to even start writing my personal statement. I'm going to start after results day when everything is a bit more concrete. Anymore chemeng applicants???
Reply 8
I'm applying for English and Management and have started my personal statement, except it's awfully hard. :s-smilie:
Have you guys started studying for Year 13?
Original post by kinji
I'm applying for English and Management and have started my personal statement, except it's awfully hard. :s-smilie:
Have you guys started studying for Year 13?

Yup. Started Maths & Chem 2 days ago. Going to do Economics today.
Reply 10
Original post by mollyxrose
I'm set on medicine, so I'm definitely going to write my personal statement over summer. Although, I'm going to wait til results day before I fully get into it since my results might mean that I'm not applying until next year. If that is the case, writing a PS before results day would be a complete waste of time :tongue:

how might the results change whether you apply this year? what would you do in that extra year?
Reply 11
i think im going to apply for maths :smile:
Applying for medicine this year if my predicted grades are good :smile:
I've written about 10 drafts of my personal statement so far, it's so hard to know exactly what to say and how to say it so that you don't come across really cliché! Btw, when I use the tsr personal statement builder I have hardly any space to write about volunteering and work experience in the same paragraph?
I don't have a clue either. I jump from Physics to Economics to PPE and the whole cycle repeats again. I'm 100% sure I'm going to take a gap year now because I can't decide.
You still haven't started your personal statement yet? I've already done 2 drafts! A few of my mates have already done 3 drafts. Clearly my school likes to get things over and done with ASAP.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have decided on Law but I go back on my decision like 10 x a day, some times I think I should perhaps do History then do a GDL so that later on in life I could come back to History and do a Phd in it, something I would very much love to do. Then I think that is just expensive, I wont be able to afford the GDL and LPC(if no firm pays for me) so y'know, should just stick to law and look at career prospects...
Reply 16
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I have decided on Law but I go back on my decision like 10 x a day, some times I think I should perhaps do History then do a GDL so that later on in life I could come back to History and do a Phd in it, something I would very much love to do. Then I think that is just expensive, I wont be able to afford the GDL and LPC(if no firm pays for me) so y'know, should just stick to law and look at career prospects...

The story of my life...
Original post by iSL97
The story of my life...

Lol tell me about it :redface:

What is your story?
I want to do law, and I still need to write my personal statement and prepare for the LNAT. Results day is overshadowing all though at the moment - I really want to go to Durham University, and I planned my open days for June/July 2015 presuming that I'd get 4 As, for some reason. I have literally no idea what I've got though, so I'm freaking out about results day, and I haven't really got a plan if I don't get the expected grades.

My school wants the personal statement and our choices finalised by the end of the summer, which is annoying. The PS I can manage, but if I don't get the grades, I'll need to visit several universities in September/October. Yet we need to have finalised where we're applying to before I have this opportunity. So basically, if I don't get 4 As, I'm screwed. And I'm dreading results day, but I also want to get it out of the way.
Reply 19
Original post by High Stakes

Nope, I can't decide between Maths, Biology and Engineering. But I have a draft for each.

Quick Reply

Latest