The Student Room Group

Has anyone else noticed how much their personality has changed over the years?

I'm curious since this isn't really something that is talked about in real life much, but has anyone else noticed how much their perspectives on life has changed over the years? Of course it's part of growing up but you don't have access to other people's minds so you can only really see your own trajectory :tongue:

Do you also have moments of introspection or have epiphanies where you start to see things differently or with more perspective?

:smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

My personality has never changed.

i was a ****** back then, I'm a ****** now.

You talk about 'moments of introspection' - I do have those. But they are learning opportunities to correct how I should deal with similar situations in the future. I don't think my core personality really changes.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Awesome Genius
My personality has never changed.

i was a ****** back then, I'm a ****** now.

Surely even you, awesome genius, have changed a little bit?! Might you have been only a mediocre genius back then? :tongue:
Yes Definitely .
For me it's not personality that has changed as such but my views & approach to life + things

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tootles44
Surely even you, awesome genius, have changed a little bit?! Might you have been only a mediocre genius back then? :tongue:

No I really don't think we change all that much as people. I think after the age of about 15, we're pretty much stuck as who we are!
Reply 5
Original post by lilylillies
Yes Definitely .
For me it's not personality that has changed as such but my views & approach to life + things

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's more what I meant, sort of like maturing :smile:
The outward manifestation of my personality remains the same as it has always been, but my way of thinking and perspectives on life have changed significantly. I've become more introspective and started to pay more attention to my thoughts, whereas before I was cruising on autopilot while hardly ever pausing to analyse my feelings. I've lost my way. I'm a shadow of my former self.
Reply 7
No I really don't think we change all that much as people. I think after the age of about 15, we're pretty much stuck as who we are!

Yeah as per your edit I was thinking more along the lines of maturing rather than actual personality changes, didn't quite phrase my OP correctly
Reply 8
i'm the same (:
I've matured alot but still have moments of madness.
At school and growing up i was always in trouble, due to circumstances.
Looking back I regret nothing as its given me a different perspective on life.
I now think before i do things and would say have become a much better/stronger person.
Reply 10
Pretty sure most people have changed

What if you changed from a small ****** to a huge ****** ???
I m a pessimist as I ve always been but recon I ve gotten much more confident in myself and take a slightly more make the most of everything whilst you have it than i used to.
I've become much more pessimistic, whereas I used tto be very positive. Although I've learnt to fake confidence very well when around people.
Yeah, my personality has really changed. I'm a lot more maturer now however i'm still really quiet :tongue:
Reply 14
Original post by cake_lover
I've become much more pessimistic, whereas I used tto be very positive. Although I've learnt to fake confidence very well when around people.

Oh how did the pessimism come about? :frown:
Original post by Thickfreakness
The outward manifestation of my personality remains the same as it has always been, but my way of thinking and perspectives on life have changed significantly. I've become more introspective and started to pay more attention to my thoughts, whereas before I was cruising on autopilot while hardly ever pausing to analyse my feelings. I've lost my way. I'm a shadow of my former self.

THIS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've become more optimistic about life. I've learned to relax more and not get upset about things that I can't control.
I feel like my personality has changed a huge amount over the years, in some ways I think elements of my personality are the complete opposite of what they used to be.
Yes, mine certainly has.
I've become alot more confident, I don't mind talking to strangers anymore, I'm more blunt and honest, and I'm not a people pleaser.

Basically, I went from having an average personality to becoming an obnoxious, snappy, borderline *******. I can't say I'm displeased.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending