The Student Room Group

Why do so many girls call themselves 'curvy' when they clearly aren't?

So I'm on Zoosk looking for a date for this weekend, and I come across this girl who looks really cute. I go down into her profile and she has put herself as 'curvy'. I check her other pictures out and there's only 1 full body one. She has legs the size of tree trunks and is clearly pear shaped. Embarrassing really.

Why do so many girls think it's OK to lie about their "curves"?

Scroll to see replies

So they feel better about themselves.
Original post by Ed's Balls
So they feel better about themselves.

This! I never understood that as well....

If you're overweight just be honest and say you're overweight but youre working on it rather than say "I'm a curvy girl with curves in all of the right places" but has frigging michelin tyre rolls from head to toe...
To try and cover up the fact they are overweight /fat.
Because what else can they say?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by trapking
This! I never understood that as well....

If you're overweight just be honest and say you're overweight but youre working on it rather than say "I'm a curvy girl with curves in all of the right places" but has frigging michelin tyre rolls from head to toe...

You made me cough up my chinese :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by Anonymous
You made me cough up my chinese :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

hahahaha its true though!
Reply 7
Original post by TheGoldenBean
Because what else can they say?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well being honest and truthful about oneself is usually a better idea.

It's like if slim guy said "I'm stocky" lol
I guess it's because "curvy" has less of a negative stigma than "fat". No girl would describe herself as fat, unless she were really honest and confident :s-smilie: I don't see the point of lying, it's not as if the other person won't notice the body shape in general
Well being honest and truthful about oneself is usually a better idea.

It's like if slim guy said "I'm stocky" lol

I always thought dating profiles were like cvs where everybody lies

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by trapking
hahahaha its true though!

It really is!

I saw this other cute girl, went through her profile and the last line was "Only message me if you like transsexuals" NOPE ABORT ABORT!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Most actually don't lie. But there are pockets of guys and girls who will hide behind words.
Reply 12
Why do so many guys want to post this type of futile question on TSR ?
People define curves in different ways, maybe she honestly does see herself as curvy, and who are you to question that? If she's not your type, or you don't agree with the way that she describes herself, don't talk to her. It's a simple as that. There is really no need to post about her 'tree trunk' legs on here and tell everyone how embarrassing you think it is.
Original post by Heimdallr33
I guess it's because "curvy" has less of a negative stigma than "fat". No girl would describe herself as fat, unless she were really honest and confident :s-smilie: I don't see the point of lying, it's not as if the other person won't notice the body shape in general

Well some guys do like 'fat' women. So if they were honest, they would get a lot more chances rather than saying their 'curvy' when they clearly aren't.
Original post by Zarek
Why do so many guys want to post this type of futile question on TSR ?

Why not?
Who caaaaaares
It really is!

I saw this other cute girl, went through her profile and the last line was "Only message me if you like transsexuals" NOPE ABORT ABORT!

Hahaha

it's amazing though how some girls can be really pretty till you see the body youre like HELL NAW...i would be thinking about them dangling bingo wings flapping while we sit and have lunch in a nice Italian restaurant..

It's not an attractive look and also shows the person doesn't really take care of their health as much as they should thus could be lacking in other areas of life :/
So I'm on Zoosk looking for a date for this weekend, and I come across this girl who looks really cute. I go down into her profile and she has put herself as 'curvy'. I check her other pictures out and there's only 1 full body one. She has legs the size of tree trunks and is clearly pear shaped. Embarrassing really.

Why do so many girls think it's OK to lie about their "curves"?

Pear shaped girls can be attractive pls
Leave us girls in the itty bitty titty committee alone :'(((((

Idk I'm bigger in comparison to my friends imo but I'm not -fat- per say... People usually call me curvy so I just roll with it tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Right!?!?
#Bubbly

Quick Reply