The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

University of Dundee 2015/16 Lets Chat! :)

I'm awaiting results day in hope of getting in to the University of Dundee, and figured I'd try and get to know some people who are in the same position. Also any advice from current students would be great. I hope to start the general foundation for art this year and would appreciate any advice :smile:

-Anyone else doing art at Dundee?
-How are you feeling about freshers week?
-Whats it like in Dundee? (I'm from the south east of England)

And GOOD LUCK on results day! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by eleanor01
I'm awaiting results day in hope of getting in to the University of Dundee, and figured I'd try and get to know some people who are in the same position. Also any advice from current students would be great. I hope to start the general foundation for art this year and would appreciate any advice :smile:

-Anyone else doing art at Dundee?
-How are you feeling about freshers week?
-Whats it like in Dundee? (I'm from the south east of England)

And GOOD LUCK on results day! :smile:

Hello! I'm off to study Politics at Dundee and know some folk up there who say it's a very good student town!

Good luck for your results!
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 2
Original post by MFBurgh
Hello! I'm off to study Politics at Dundee and know some folk up there who say it's a very good student town!

Good luck for your results!

yeah I've heard its a good student town too and that it has really rich nightlife and a brilliant student union :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by lucygogoliuk
Hey I'm Lucy
I'm going to Dundee to do the art foundation course!
I've been to Dundee twice. (I'm from Edinburgh) It seems nice enough. Right by the sea. All I've heard from people is good stuff about the course so I'm excited.
Hope to meet some cool people. :smile:

Well it will be nice to already know someone on the course ^_^
we should chat more ^_^
see you in september, and well done on getting in :smile:
Hey everyone, I am going to study Business management. Really excited ^.^ Where are you guys going to live?
Reply 5
Original post by MunchkinCat
Hey everyone, I am going to study Business management. Really excited ^.^ Where are you guys going to live?

I'll be at west park villas, how about you ? :smile:
Reply 6
Yeah it would!
I'd love that, any chance you'd be coming up for the Edinburgh fringe?
You too :smile: :smile:

Edinburgh fringe? What's that? But I will end up visiting Edinburgh at some point soon I think, my boyfriend and I are going to the same university so we'll be visiting some of his relatives on the way up :smile:

Still don't know, looking for private accommodation, as I got a refusal for on campus :s-smilie:
Reply 8
Still don't know, looking for private accommodation, as I got a refusal for on campus :s-smilie:

Refusal? Weird, there's some nice student accommodation in Dundee off campus, I think there's one in Perth road, bout ten mins from the uni
Refusal? Weird, there's some nice student accommodation in Dundee off campus, I think there's one in Perth road, bout ten mins from the uni

What!? That sucks. Why would they do such a thing! I hope you find a good place

Yeah I know :/ I have booked a room at the old mill now because I am running out of options and out of time. When are you guys coming to Dundee? :smile:
Reply 10
Anyone doing architecture??
Reply 11
Yeah I know :/ I have booked a room at the old mill now because I am running out of options and out of time. When are you guys coming to Dundee? :smile:

Im having a holiday to Scotland on the 31st ofAugust and then moving into accommodation on the 5th
Reply 12
Oh cool! Well if you come up in August the fringe will still be on. It's when all types of acts come to Edinburgh to perform. It's really amazing and I definitely think you should try see some shows. Most shows cost a bit but there are a few free ones that would also be worth your while. I can recommend some if you like. :smile:

That's so great that you and your boyfriend will be in the same uni.
Mine is going off to Glasgow to study engineering :P

Probably not gonna make it for Edinburgh fringe then :/
The recommendations would still be appreciated though so I can look into them in the future :smile:
Oh engineering that's cool :smile:
My boyfriend is studying law
Reply 13
Coming from NI to do Law at Dundee in September (thank you Clearing) but unfortunately their official residences are all booked up which is frustrating to say the least. Feeling a little lost as to where to try next in terms of private accommodation haha.
Reply 14
Yeah. Well I strongly recommend Spontaneous Sherlock- Where they improvise a whole Sherlock Holmes play from a suggestion from the audience. And it's free!

Also you should see an event at the book festival - authors do talks which is interesting. (You have to pay for most of them though)

Summer hall has some great plays. Ndebele Funeral is one I would recommend. (Again these shows cost but they are worth your time)

However I don't know what shows keep coming back to the Fringe. But if you pick up a free fringe catalogue it's quite easy to find free comedy shows and stuff. I've just been doing a lot of this because I don't have much money.

Yeah it is cool but I'm sad I won't see him too often. Law? Awesome :smile:

Im sure you and your boyfriend will find time to see each other ^_^ weeks at uni will pass quickly and you'll see each other in no time. :smile: and ill definately check out some of the acts you suggested, sounds interesting :smile:

I'm so excited about uni can't wait to get up Scotland ;D On freshers week, dunno if you got the letter yet, my boyfriend hasn't and yet we leave near each other :P, but theres a few things on on freshers week that are sent to you in the letter. Some things sound really cool, like id love to go see the band twin atlantic, how about you, anything planned for fresher's week?

Hey. That's where I will live to. Doing accountancy
Reply 16
Original post by Cherryhahaz
Hey. That's where I will live to. Doing accountancy

accountancy? cool! ^_^ I love the look of west park villas, and we'll keep healthy with the short walk to the uni each day ;D And who wouldn't love a double bed?
Yeah. I know right! Can't wait to get there *\(^o^)/*
Reply 18
Yeah I've seen stuff for events. It all looks so cool! I'm still only 17 though so I need to check what stuff I can get into. I think I can get into events but I'm not allowed to be served. Are you getting a pass? I might but I'm not sure how much I'll need it :P

Im not exactly a drinker so you won't be the only one ;D and yeah you can get into all the events just not get served :tongue: I'm not bothering with the freshers pass, the only things I'm interested in are £8.50 and £7, like why would I bother paying £55 for a pass?? I'm just gonna spend time at the bars at the acoustic nights :tongue:
Reply 19
Im not exactly a drinker so you won't be the only one ;D and yeah you can get into all the events just not get served :tongue: I'm not bothering with the freshers pass, the only things I'm interested in are £8.50 and £7, like why would I bother paying £55 for a pass?? I'm just gonna spend time at the bars at the acoustic nights :tongue:

Wow the emoticons look really patronising..... Not how that was suppose to come across -.-

Quick Reply

Latest