amelimoo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm about to apply to uni and I still can't decide between these courses!
- Which course is the most respected?
- Do I have the option to go into secondary school teaching with any of these?
- Which do employers prefer?
- Which course gives me the most options once completed?
amelimoo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Bump

Posted from TSR Mobile
ali_blue
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Biology and biological science are basically the same thing depending what your uni calls it, for example my first choice is biological science and my insurance is biology and they're the same course.
Biomedical science obviously leads to more medical based careers and doesn't do anything on ecology etc so it depends what your interested in
Biomedical is chemistry as well I think
Employers- well it depends on what you want to do as a career, where you study etc...
sarahiscool
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Biological courses vary from uni to uni but in general biology and biological sciences are exactly the same thing. Biomedical sciences is different so I would take that option if you wanted to go down the medicine/medical research route but otherwise they are all fine for teaching and equally well respected.
I would suggest looking at the modules of these courses at uni's you like and comparing them, ignore the degree title when choosing a course, choose what interests you.

Another tip: a few unis allow you to switch between biological and biomedical sciences easily after the first year as they have the same first year so look out for that. You can also apply for a mixture of biology, biological sciences and biomed courses although this makes the personal statement slightly harder unless you just apply for bio and bio sciences
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (22)
13.02%
I need help researching courses (12)
7.1%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
5.33%
I need help with my personal statement (71)
42.01%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (39)
23.08%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.78%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (13)
7.69%

Watched Threads