The Student Room Group

Muslim violence in Malmo reach all-time high

Scroll to see replies

Don't see the problem? just normal violence in any major city.

Europe needs to open up to more muslims if they want to carry on bombing the middle east.
Reply 21
Original post by felamaslen
How screwed must Sweden be for its nationalists to be the only ones supporting gay rights...

well Sweden is a complex country. She has different parameters what is right- or left-wing than in other countries. The Swedish conserivative party despite its name is not an actually center-right party, to european parameters it would actually fit a left-wing party (hence the leader of the conservatives said that refugees are working harder than native Swedes).

So, the point is the SD is not a real far-right/nationalists party. It is just labelled so because it is according Sweden political parameters called so, but if you were to teleport the SD in the UK they would be a centrist party that is a bit sceptical to immigrantion.
Reply 22
Original post by offhegoes
Without making comment on the marches themselves, is it really a surprise that Richard Dawkins supports them? He loves anything that riles major religions!

If you look at his tweet account than you will notice he is saying how hypocritical is the Swedish left. They are supposedly fighting for gay rights but do not want for muslims to do it.

It is also sad that no media in the UK reported about this gay pride march.
Reply 23
Original post by zgb1
If you look at his tweet account than you will notice he is saying how hypocritical is the Swedish left. They are supposedly fighting for gay rights but do not want for muslims to do it.

It is also sad that no media in the UK reported about this gay pride march.

From what I've read about the issue the contention seems to be that the march is purposely going to certain areas to provoke upset amongst conservative Muslim communities. Everyone should be for freedom of expression and the condemnation of intolerance, but I can't see many people supporting a pro-choice march purposely visiting some of the staunchest Catholic areas in Derry or Belfast.

There ought, in my opinion, to be a balance between freedom of expression and not causing unecessary unrest. Like I said, perhaps that is utterly not the intention of the march but I've gotten that impression...

But anyway, my point was not that RD does not support the march for genuine reasons, but more that it doesn't take much for him to support any plausible opportunity to denigrate people's religious beliefs :wink:
Reply 24
From what I've read about the issue the contention seems to be that the march is purposely going to certain areas to provoke upset amongst conservative Muslim communities. Everyone should be for freedom of expression and the condemnation of intolerance, but I can't see many people supporting a pro-choice march purposely visiting some of the staunchest Catholic areas in Derry or Belfast.

There ought, in my opinion, to be a balance between freedom of expression and not causing unecessary unrest. Like I said, perhaps that is utterly not the intention of the march but I've gotten that impression...

But anyway, my point was not that RD does not support the march for genuine reasons, but more that it doesn't take much for him to support any plausible opportunity to denigrate people's religious beliefs :wink:

Well, of course it is for provocation. Gay marches started off as a provocation around the world. If conservative America could stand the initial provocations from the early gay activist than the same standrds should apply to muslims. Even you comparison with Derry and Belfast is false since the Oragne order is having every year their provocative marches yet nobody got killed of them because of the march. Also, the Catholic in Ireland are not religious they are Irish people and stand to their national indetity.

There is also another issue about Sweden. There is a dogma in the mainstream media of Sweden than immigrants are by defaulth tolerant and open. the Sd said if they are right than a gay pride should not be a problem.

Maybe I should open a special thread about this....
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 25
Original post by zgb1
Well, of course it is for provocation. Gay marches started off as a provocation around the world. If conservative America could stand the initial provocations from the early gay activist than the same standrds should apply to muslims. Even you comparison with Derry and Belfast is false since the Oragne order is having every year their provocative marches yet nobody got killed of them because of the march. Also, the Catholic in Ireland are not religious they are Irish people and stand to their national indetity.

There is also another issue about Sweden. There is a dogma in the mainstream media of Sweden than immigrants are by defaulth tolerant and open. the Sd said if they are right than a gay pride should not be a problem.

Maybe I should open a special thread about this....

But gay pride marches began to attempt to gain equal rights and end discrimination. And quite rightly they are still held, to continue to fight inequality and to celebrate the progress that has been made.

But in Malmo, why choose those areas? Are those areas responsible for infringing on gay rights and discriminiation? Remember that people and even communities don't have to like homosexuality, that is their own right to freedom of expression.

So my question, to which I'm not familiar enough with Malmo or Sweden to know, is at what point do the marches become more about provoking people than they do about equality and celebration?

As to the Irish issue, I'm not sure what you mean about Catholics in NI not being religious? Orange Order marches to me are an example of provocation and pride being more jmportant to many than celebration, which is a tragedy. Do people get killed every year? No. Do they help those communities heal from decades of pain and division? Not in the slightest.
Reply 26
But gay pride marches began to attempt to gain equal rights and end discrimination. And quite rightly they are still held, to continue to fight inequality and to celebrate the progress that has been made.

Yes, and the best way to get acceptance and equality was to have gay marches that was provocative to the homophobes. The one does not exclude the other. The best end to end discrimination is to demonstrate equal rights with gay marches to show pride.

But in Malmo, why choose those areas? Are those areas responsible for infringing on gay rights and discriminiation? Remember that people and even communities don't have to like homosexuality, that is their own right to freedom of expression.

It will not be in Malmö but in Stochholm in Muslims areas. Yes they are because most homophobic attacks comes from muslim immigrants.

Since they have choosen to come to Sweden it is the task of them to adapt to Swedish values not vice versa.

As to the Irish issue, I'm not sure what you mean about Catholics in NI not being religious? Orange Order marches to me are an example of provocation and pride being more jmportant to many than celebration, which is a tragedy. Do people get killed every year? No. Do they help those communities heal from decades of pain and division? Not in the slightest.

Because the whole "Catholic-Protestant" issue is not about religion but it is an etnic conflict, only the UK media are adressing it false. It is a confict between irish and british over the territory. They are not religious because the main "Catholic# party is SinnFein which is atheist and Irish nationalist.

But since the Irish can tolerate the Orange order so do Muslims must the gays, especially since the gay pride is about equality while the orange order not.
Reply 27
Original post by Nortus
Third grenade-wielding violence this week in Malmo.

http://www.thelocal.se/20150724/third-grenade-attack-in-a-week-rocks-malm

Sweden's Malmo gang violence is turning the city into Detroit, on the news that the city dropped out of top 100 safest cities in Europe.
http://www.thelocal.se/20150723/malm-attacks-part-of-spiral-of-retaliation

Last month, two hand grenades were thrown during Somali-Iraqi ethnic violence.
http://www.thelocal.se/20150620/grenade-attack-in-mal

In a separate case on the same day, a person was shot in day light.
http://www.thelocal.se/20150620/shooting-reported-in
http://www.thelocal.se/20150622/police-concerned-over-malm-wave-of-violence

Apart from Malmo being a scene for ethnic violence between non-citizens who brought their conflicts from the Middle East, Malmo is a hotspot for kidnapping and rape in Northern Europe. Here is a case where a woman was abduced and raped for a week, third such case this year.
http://www.friatider.se/kvinna-h-lls-inl-st-och-gruppv-ldtogs-i-en-vecka

Bomb blast in Malmo two weeks ago
http://www.thelocal.se/20150715/cops-probe-another-blast-in-southern-Sweden

The Malmo youth centre, built to stop the expansion of youth immigrant violence, has been burnt down two months after completion.
http://www.thelocal.se/20150625/fresh-malm-unrest-with-leisure-centre-fire

27 arrests after attempted murder just last week. Upkeep per day per arrest is 800 dollars.
http://www.thelocal.se/20150609/attempted-murder-in-malm-sparks-27-arrests

Bomb just last month
http://www.thelocal.se/20150612/two-men-hurt-in-malm-explosion-overnight

Congratulations to Malmo for becoming the least safest city in Northern Europe, and for matching the crime rate in Chicago. Way to go!
http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2015/03/19/world/europe/ap-eu-sweden-restaurant-shooting.html?_r=0

When is the self-determination referendum coming up to transfer Southern Sweden to Somalia?

Lastly, enjoy watching how Jews in Sweden love their country (and why 200 leave per day) 25:20 for the most disgusting part of it all.
[video="youtube;9cFYmhQMks8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=316&v=9cFYmhQMks8[/video]

Such a shame. Sweden used to be a nice place.
Original post by zgb1

I don't think the comparison with the Orange Order is fair. The Orange Order is an explicitly political organization which is virulently anti-Catholic. It explicitly expounds Unionism, which carries strong political overtones in the context of Northern Ireland - which suffered years of propracted political violence over this question which left thousands dead. Numerous of its members have also been involved in paramilitary activities. Every year in Northern Ireland there is rioting in July as a result of their marches. Comparing them with Gay Pride Marches I don't think is accurate.

Since I can see you are Croatian, it would be like Vojislav Šešelj's party marching through Vukovar with Serbian nationalist paraphinalia.
Original post by HolyJam
White life doesn't matter

Thanks to multiculturalism they have destroyed our countries, robbed us of a future

And you White people still vote for the same corrupt paedophile governments who only ever lied about immigration to you?

Britain is the enemy of white people. I agree.
Reply 30
Sweden, another typically weak liberal nation that is being destroyed.
Reply 31
Original post by SeaPony
Sweden, another typically weak liberal nation that is being destroyed.

rep for ur avatar. I actually have that flag.
Find it amazing how resilient Europeans are in the face of such extreme, suicidal demands which are forcing them to give the shirts off their very backs against their will.
Reply 33
Original post by Catholic_
Find it amazing how resilient Europeans are in the face of such extreme, suicidal p

demands which are forcing them to give the shirts off their very backs against their will.

Which Europeans are these then? Do you mean yourself? Do you mean the Greeks? They are having a tough time of things. Ukranians? Yep, they've not had it easy either.
Shame, I love the city and I've spent a huge amount of time there, I hardly see anything like this when visiting.
"Sweden's Chicago" OP in Breitbart?
Reply 36
Original post by Shqiptare

Since I can see you are Croatian, it would be like Vojislav Šešelj's party marching through Vukovar with Serbian nationalist paraphinalia.

Well, I am a Croatian but from Bosnia and Herzegovina so personally I do not care about Croatia and its internal affairs. Anyway there is something similar in Borovo Naselje where Serbs during Christmas have their own parade (granted that place is inhabitated by serbs and are carefull to be all according to law).

Anyway is Šešelj would held a gay pride in Croatia he would be mocked and would hardly be seen as a provocation.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by zgb1
Well, I am a Croatian but from Bosnia and Herzegovina so personally I do not care about Croatia and its internal affairs. Anyway there is something similar in Borovo Naselje where Serbs during Christmas have their own parade (granted that place is inhabitated by serbs and are carefull to be all according to law).

Orange Order parades mainly cause controversy when they try to march through predominantly Catholic areas.

Original post by zgb1
Anyway is Šešelj would held a gay pride in Croatia he would be mocked and would hardly be seen as a provocation.

If Šešelj held a gay pride parade in Croatia that would be hilarious. If he held a parade saying "Вуковар је српски град", I doubt the people of Croatia would see it as a joke. That's what I meant with the comparison with the Orange Order.
Reply 38
Orange Order parades mainly cause controversy when they try to march through predominantly Catholic areas.

Well, there are in BH cases where the Bosniak far-right has comemorations for their "glorious Armija". Yet, still there was never raised the issue about this in the International media.

Despite this it is not comparable with the SD making a gay pride in Immigrant areas.

If Šešelj held a gay pride parade in Croatia that would be hilarious. If he held a parade saying "Вуковар је српски град", I doubt the people of Croatia would see it as a joke. That's what I meant with the comparison with the Orange Order.

Yes, this would be true. It would be a provocation but it is not comparable to what the SD atttended to do. That for various reasons.

If the SD would make a white pride march in such neighbourhood than you would be right.
Original post by zgb1
Well, there are in BH cases where the Bosniak far-right has comemorations for their "glorious Armija". Yet, still there was never raised the issue about this in the International media.

Despite this it is not comparable with the SD making a gay pride in Immigrant areas.

There are nationalist demonstrations in the Balkans all the time that one can bring up (pro-NDH rallies in Croatia/Herzeg-Bosna anyone?). That's why it was so hilarious when Serbs complained about the flag at the Serbia vs Albania match as being a 'provocation' - despite the fact that at football matches and at Vidovdan in Kosova, Serbs bring all sorts of nationalist banners with them.

I agree it's not comparable, I think it's much worse. While I can't help but roll my eyes at the activities of some gay activists, SD gay pride parades themselves are not intended to offend people.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending