The Student Room Group

Am I a sponsored student?

Hi Everyone,
I'm signing up for accommodation to Lancaster University and I've been asked whether or not I'm a sponsored student. I'm being funded with a student loan in order to cover my expenses when I'm at uni, so does this mean I'm sponsored? The reason for this is because when I tick 'yes', it asks me to give information about my 'sponsor' and I'm a little confused. Here's some screenshots to help you get a grasp of what's going on:

So are student finance paying for all of my accommodation expenses or am I paying because it will be my money?

Thanks for any help/guidance you guys can offer :smile:
Original post by shabazhussain00
Hi Everyone,
I'm signing up for accommodation to Lancaster University and I've been asked whether or not I'm a sponsored student. I'm being funded with a student loan in order to cover my expenses when I'm at uni, so does this mean I'm sponsored? The reason for this is because when I tick 'yes', it asks me to give information about my 'sponsor' and I'm a little confused. Here's some screenshots to help you get a grasp of what's going on:

So are student finance paying for all of my accommodation expenses or am I paying because it will be my money?

Thanks for any help/guidance you guys can offer :smile:

You are not a sponsored student if you are funded by SFE or paying it yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I agree with Lyuz - you are nit sponsored.

You would be sponsored if, for example, your fees were being paid by your employer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending