The Student Room Group

A Level choice help

So my choices are government and politics, law and RE. I was going to take italian also but my school stopped the course.
They said I can just take 3 (everyone else takes 4) whilst also taking a course in Italian outside of school. This would be an equivalent of an AS level (they say) called CELI B2, which is an italian qualification from the university of perugia.
I was wondering if this will disadvantage me for applying for university seeing as it is not actually an a level and general a level advice thank youuu
What do you wanna do in uni? If you want to study law then it wont matter.
Reply 2
Original post by munnaa
What do you wanna do in uni? If you want to study law then it wont matter.

I was thinking possibly law or international relations combined with a language?
Reply 3
Original post by Qmwnebrv
So my choices are government and politics, law and RE. I was going to take italian also but my school stopped the course.
They said I can just take 3 (everyone else takes 4) whilst also taking a course in Italian outside of school. This would be an equivalent of an AS level (they say) called CELI B2, which is an italian qualification from the university of perugia.
I was wondering if this will disadvantage me for applying for university seeing as it is not actually an a level and general a level advice thank youuu

It depends where you're applying. Some universities, like UCL (I think) require 4 AS levels. But others are ok with three- and the fact that you're doing an equivalent qualification is good too.
I was thinking possibly law or international relations combined with a language?

Then you have no problem, 3 AS is fine
Reply 5
See i'd like to keep my options open for places like ucl but i dont want to take a forth along side the italian
Reply 6
See i'd like to keep my options open for places like ucl but i dont want to take a forth along side the italian

Ucl want a language in GCSE in general rather than at A-level. (Check course requirements though).
If you don't want to take a fourth then that is fine, but just bare in mind if the subjects you are taking are AS or A2.
I would recommend keeping one AS (alongside Italian) and two A2's
study italian if u wish to peruse law as a career it could come in handy though don't take decisions in a rush either
good luck

Quick Reply

Latest