The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

St Mary's, Belfast... Is it very hard to get into ?

Is it quite hard to get into Primary Education at St Mary's? I have heard the interview can be tricky... What do they look for; grades, subjects ? Do they welcome applicants who haven't gone down the traditional route ie, not A Levels but an Adult Access Course

Many thanks for all your help!
If you are applying with non traditional qualifications you will need to get top grades to be accepted. I applied for primary education with sport and post primary with a BTEC extended diploma as my qualification. I was offered an interview and passed it so they do accept them :smile:
As they work differently to other universities I won't find out if I've got a place or not until A level results day
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
I did a diploma in childcare, and got offered and interview and then a offer to study primary education.
St Mary's accept Access Courses, so there is no worries about that, just prepare for the interview and you'll be fine! I don't go there but I did get accepted with an Access Course, but choose to go to Queen's.
Reply 4
Is anyone still waiting to receive an offer for Primary with science ?
Reply 5
Is the interview for st.marys very difficult? The writing section?
Reply 6
Well they do and they dont accept access courses. I'm doing one and wanted to apply and even though i'm averaging 79% at the minute they wouldnt accept me to primary with english because my course does not offer double modules. I'm doing english, biology, law and statistical maths. St mary's told me not to bother applying because they wouldn't look at my access course because i can't do a double. And that's coming from the english lecturer and admissions.
The written task is more of assessment for how you write and to see if you can manage writing essays like you would be for the next three years. So just write how you would and it will give them a good indication how you write
When do I find out if I passed the interview stage? And do many pass the interview stage??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending