How would you answer these questions?!

Watch
Elisha Rebekah
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Whether you know this period of history and sat this exam or not, how would you go about answering these questions? (AQA HIS3C- June 2015)

a) How effectively did Ferdinand and Isabella's Dual Monarchy establish royal control over Spain?

b) 'Revolts and opposition within Spain seriously challenged Charles I's rule.' Assess the validity of this view with reference to the years 1517 to 1529.

For a- my thesis was that Ferdinand and Isabella implemented successful joint policies (dual monarchy) in order to subdue and placate threats to their rule, hence establishing effective control. My counter-thesis was that 1) they were not dual monarchs and 2) this inconsistency between them meant that these threats were not effectively dealt with and they had not, therefore, managed to establish effective royal control.

For b- my thesis was that revolts seriously challenged Charles' rule as they were anti-Charles (he was the sole cause) and this meant that he failed to consolidate his authority early on in his reign. My counter-thesis included 1) the revolts were actually beneficial because of x and y and 2) other things were more of a challenge in his reign, eg- finance.

How does this sound? Would you have done something similar? Any feedback is much appreciated!
ElizabethHere
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi.

It sounds really good. Well polanned out and grounded. Now just have to pull it all together
Elisha Rebekah
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by ElizabethHere)
Hi.

It sounds really good. Well polanned out and grounded. Now just have to pull it all together
Brilliant! Thank you for your feedback- it is much appreciated!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (97)
39.43%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (27)
10.98%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.32%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
23.17%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.2%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.91%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise