student loans Watch

This discussion is closed.
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
im confused! i had my notification yesterday, and im intitled to a bigger student loan than my sister??? this is kinda strage coz we live in the same house with the same parent???

anyone else found this happening??

love Katy ***
PHIL
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Did you both apply at the same time, as there could have been a change in legislation since your sister applied.

Phil
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
nope, we both applied in the same envelope - were both starting in sept/october.

love Katy ***
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Same Uni/course????
Same school??
Phil
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
shes going to edingbrugh and im goin to durham. she was in my school, but she took a year out, then went to uni for a year but came home due to poor health, and is re-beggining in september.

love Katy ***
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Did she have a student loan the 1st time she went?

Phil
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Meant to say, hope your sister's better now, and it wasn't too serious.

Phil
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
yeah she did have a student loan, does that afftect how much they give you then??

shes fine, still a compleet *****, but theres nothing that can be done bout that.

love Katy ***
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 16 years ago
Sister-ectomy!!
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
katy,
I think it must, cause they probably figure its a second loan, either that or as she's older (I guess she is if she took a year out), she might be entitled to less. However, this is a complete + utter guess, based on common sense. If you don't get an answer on the forum, you could always ask the people you got the loan from.

Phil

P.S. It's always a good sign when your sister is acting *****y, as it means she's back to normal (he speaks from experience), though it is a pain in the arse.
Ollie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
if she's a ***** why are u complaining!
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
because now she will get more money through the court. my parents are divorced and still biterly arguing over money, so the court decided how much money each month we get. so now she'll end up with more over all!! grrrr.

love Katy ***
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
savage
brie_01
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
Hi Katie,

I think it is because she is older that she gets less because that is the same in my family. I get more money being the youngest I don't understand why though - maybe they think parents give more money to the older ones?! Though my sisters and brother would dispute that fact as they all think I'm spoilt being the youngest!!! But I'm not complaining!!
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think it's cause they figure that if you're going into uni older, then you probably have been working for a while, and so will have personal savings to put towards it.
I agree that it's well wierd though.

Phil
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Katy - I'd quit now if I were you. Your posts are littered with spelling mistakes and grammatical errors - all of which, most universities would find unacceptable.
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You're rude, and what have you done that's so great that you can act so high and mighty/perfect.

Phil
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
Originally posted by Unregistered
Katy - I'd quit now if I were you. Your posts are littered with spelling mistakes and grammatical errors - all of which, most universities would find unacceptable.

they aint complained yet???

love Katy ***
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
lol, but doesnt everyone write shorthand on these forums? im sure most ppl arent so internet reliant that completly forget how to do english!
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I see no problems with using short hand on these forums, obviously not so much so that posts are unreadable - ie text speak, but there's nothing wrong in using shorthand.

Another stupid comment from an unregistered poster.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (215)
12.42%
Excited (159)
9.19%
Worried (307)
17.74%
Terrified (383)
22.13%
Meh (176)
10.17%
Confused (37)
2.14%