What is your favourite conspiracy theory?

Watch
Ibrahimbasar
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Mine is Adolf Hitler did not exist.It sounds absolutely absurd at first. After all, we know for a fact that the man was real, and that his regime was responsible for some of the most horrible crimes in recent history. According to this particular theory, though, there was a little bit more going on than met the eye.This is the story:In 1923, Adolf Hitler - a failed artist with revolutionary leanings - was sent to prison. While there, he was contacted by the Soviet Union's new leader, one Joseph Stalin. Stalin had his eyes set on world domination, but lacked a means of destabilizing the countries that could offer significant resistance. This led him to conspire with Hitler on a tactic that would not only draw attention away from the Soviet Union's own dealings, but also secure easy access to fronts that would become crucial to an assault on the United Kingdom.The plan was simple, yet elegant. Adolf Hitler would be paid to masquerade as an unhinged (but charismatic) tyrant, and he would be supported by a cadre of other Soviet-employed German nationals. All of his personal views, speeches, and statements were carefully engineered, up to and including "Mein Kampf," the authorship of which was overseen by Stalin himself.By the time World War II had started, Hitler had come to be seen as an enemy of the world... even when he intentionally "threw the game" by attempting to invade Russia.The final twist in the masquerade came after Hitler's apparent suicide. Soviet agents, having prepared for this eventuality, quietly ushered the Führer out of his bunker, claiming that they had gone to seize his corpse. The only evidence that was ever offered of Hitler's death was a fragment of bone... which is now doubted to have been his.In actuality, Adolf Hitler lived until April 4th, 1970. He was then cremated, and his ashes were mixed with those of other corpses. Rumor has it that before his natural death, he returned to painting, and that samples of his work still adorn the inside of the Kremlin in Russia.
AH127
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Does the Book of Mormon count? I think it's one of the most amusingly bonkers things I've ever read. If it doesn't though, the whole spiel about the royal family and other world leaders being some kind of humanoid reptile species from outer space controlling the world is pretty funny, in my opinion.
RF_PineMarten
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What do you mean by favourite? The ones we believe? Ones that make some sense (as opposed to the ridiculously stupid ones)? Ones that are the most interesting? Or the ones we find so ridiculous we laugh at their stupidity?

The "corporations control xyz" ones get a bit stupid sometimes, but corporate interests do have a lot of influence on politics, so they are based on a legitimate concern. But given things like corporate lobbying and conflicts of interest in government are proven to happen sometimes, I don't know if that really counts as a "conspiracy theory".
BerniHurton
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
the devil created the world
glo420
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The Illuminati /MK ultra
and 9/11
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (41)
18.39%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (63)
28.25%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (85)
38.12%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (29)
13%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.24%

Watched Threads