The Student Room Group

Archaeology

Is there anybody studying Archaeology (2015/16) at Uni of Sheff???? I can barely find anyone as there isn't a proper category for it. Just interested! Or can anyone recommend any good books/programmes/etc with info that would be useful to know before the start of the course?
(edited 8 years ago)
A good book for all new History students to read is this one : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Studying-History-Palgrave-Study-Skills/dp/1403987343/ref=pd_sim_14_7?ie=UTF8&refRID=1DM9HCXQ0F7WM4QDW6ZN

Its easy to read and introduces you to some of the main academic ideas about 'how to study history' - useful stuff to get your head around before you start Uni.
Hi! I'm hoping to study Archaeology & Leicester (Not sheffield :frown:( ) but I would suggest trying to get a copy of 'Archaeology: Theories Methods and Practice' by Renfrew & Bahn - I think it's on its like 6th edition now.
Reply 3
Original post by EmmaHorrigan
Hi! I'm hoping to study Archaeology & Leicester (Not sheffield :frown:( ) but I would suggest trying to get a copy of 'Archaeology: Theories Methods and Practice' by Renfrew & Bahn - I think it's on its like 6th edition now.

Notts Arch student here, tbh the library will have a copy. Its heavy af, boring and as lecturers will state by second year you probably wont need to reference it. Its useful for looking up techniques but thats it.
Original post by beardsy
Notts Arch student here, tbh the library will have a copy. Its heavy af, boring and as lecturers will state by second year you probably wont need to reference it. Its useful for looking up techniques but thats it.

I bought it for £2 at a charity shop
Ah what a shame! Thanks a lot will definitely look into it! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending