x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hyvry1)
    Usually 10% less,
    50% =c
    60% =b
    70% =a
    that is the usual boundaries for P3.
    No, as with all exams it is UMS. The results will look something like a skewed normal disribution and they just unskew it to make UMS (although it is a bit more complex than this I think.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    No, as with all exams it is UMS. The results will look something like a skewed normal disribution and they just unskew it to make UMS (although it is a bit more complex than this I think.

MB
    yes but the UMS is based on what percentage you get... therefore 70% would be converted with UMS to a mark which equals a grade

ReputationRep:
    i was referring to 70% =a on the paper, as in you get 70% of the marks. Not 70% UMS, the UMS does not change, it is always 80% for a.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.