The Student Room Group
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London

Want to start uni this October? Get ahead with Clearing 2015

Hello everyone,

If you are not holding any offers or have not yet applied through UCAS and would like to begin studying at Middlesex this October, don't worry, you could still be eligible to apply through Clearing for one of our undergraduate courses.

Follow this link to see our full list of Clearing courses that are currently available.

Confused about the process? Take a look at our step-by-step Clearing infographic.

Once you have chosen a course, please call our Clearing advice team on 020 8411 6565 and they will be able to take you through the application process.

Otherwise, if you have any immediate questions, do feel free to leave a message for us below.

Good luck,
Middlesex University
Reply 1
Original post by Middlesex University
Hello everyone,

If you are not holding any offers or have not yet applied through UCAS and would like to begin studying at Middlesex this October, don't worry, you could still be eligible to apply through Clearing for one of our undergraduate courses.

Follow this link to see our full list of Clearing courses that are currently available.

Confused about the process? Take a look at our step-by-step Clearing infographic.

Once you have chosen a course, please call our Clearing advice team on 020 8411 6565 and they will be able to take you through the application process.

Otherwise, if you have any immediate questions, do feel free to leave a message for us below.

Good luck,
Middlesex University

hey,
i have got a conditional offer from mdx university, however my btec results won't come back on time for the 13th of august.
do you think there is a chance for me to get in to university for sociology with my as level grades only?
so stuck on what step to take!
thanks
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London
Original post by Mimzy
hey,
i have got a conditional offer from mdx university, however my btec results won't come back on time for the 13th of august.
do you think there is a chance for me to get in to university for sociology with my as level grades only?
so stuck on what step to take!
thanks

Hello Mimzy,

Thank you for your interest in Middlesex and sorry to hear that you have been feeling confused by the process recently. Rest assured, we will do all we can to help you with your application.

In answer to your question, unfortunately it wouldn't be possible to accept you based solely on your AS level grades. However, it doesn't matter that you won't have your BTEC grades before 13th August as you have until the 31st August to meet the conditions of your offer from us. So try not to worry.

As soon as you have received your BTEC results, please can you send them to our admissions team at [email protected]. We should be able to get your grades from UCAS, but please send them to us directly too just to make sure :smile:

Hope the above makes sense. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Thanks,
Alex (Middlesex University Rep)
Reply 3
Hello Mimzy,

Thank you for your interest in Middlesex and sorry to hear that you have been feeling confused by the process recently. Rest assured, we will do all we can to help you with your application.

In answer to your question, unfortunately it wouldn't be possible to accept you based solely on your AS level grades. However, it doesn't matter that you won't have your BTEC grades before 13th August as you have until the 31st August to meet the conditions of your offer from us. So try not to worry.

As soon as you have received your BTEC results, please can you send them to our admissions team at [email protected]. We should be able to get your grades from UCAS, but please send them to us directly too just to make sure :smile:

Hope the above makes sense. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Thanks,
Alex (Middlesex University Rep)

thank you so much! so what do i tell the university in the meantime?
Original post by Mimzy
thank you so much! so what do i tell the university in the meantime?

Hi Mimzy,

You won't need to contact us until you receive your grades. Once you do, please email us straight away or call 020 8411 6565 and we will be happy to look into your application.

I will be monitoring The Student Room throughout Clearing so if you have any further questions or concerns, please do get in contact.

Good luck,
Alex
Reply 5
Hi Mimzy,

You won't need to contact us until you receive your grades. Once you do, please email us straight away or call 020 8411 6565 and we will be happy to look into your application.

I will be monitoring The Student Room throughout Clearing so if you have any further questions or concerns, please do get in contact.

Good luck,
Alex

i am going to get my results on tuesday, if i do not get in to middlesex, would cleaning lines still be open?
Hi Mimzy,

Our Clearing lines will still be open until the end of August so it's no problem at all if you call on Tuesday with your results.

The number is 020 8411 6565

Best of luck with your results,
Adam

Middlesex University Official Rep
Reply 7
Hi Mimzy,

Our Clearing lines will still be open until the end of August so it's no problem at all if you call on Tuesday with your results.

The number is 020 8411 6565

Best of luck with your results,
Adam

do you think mdx would consider an applicant with DDD as levels and a pass in health and social care level 3 for a sociology degree?
i just want to know weather it is something they would consider
thank you!
Original post by Mimzy
do you think mdx would consider an applicant with DDD as levels and a pass in health and social care level 3 for a sociology degree?
i just want to know weather it is something they would consider
thank you!

Hi Mimzy,

I'm afraid we can't discuss tariff requirements on an open forum like this during the Clearing period.

The best thing will be to phone us as soon as you know your results and we can then give you a definite answer.

Wishing you the best of luck,
Adam

Reply 9
Hello everyone,

Good luck,
Middlesex University

Do you guys regularly update your clearing courses on your website.
Hi FP1995,

Our Clearing course page is being updated regularly throughout the Clearing period to ensure that the most accurate information is available.

If you are interested in applying for a course with us through Clearing please visit the course page to see if your chosen course is still open, then you can call us on 020 8411 6565 and we'll be able to process your application over the phone.

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask,
Adam

Reply 11
Hi FP1995,

hello mdx!
i have a question regarding the courses in this university. i am starting with a foundation year in sociology with criminology. do you think it is possible that after completing the foundation year i go change my course to social work degree?
as the foundation year can give me more of an opportunity to get in that degree?
please get back to me!
king regards.
Hello! Are there any independent learning weeks for 2nd year students this 2015/2016 academic year? I'm BA Criminology student. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending