Will Durham let me in if I miss my grades? Watch

Lewislitt
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi everyone I have an offer to study economics at Durham for A*AA. However I think I got a B in maths and will end up with AAB do you think they will let me in? Does anyone know anyone they have let in in the past? Please share your opinions and stories
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Lewislitt)
Hi everyone I have an offer to study economics at Durham for A*AA. However I think I got a B in maths and will end up with AAB do you think they will let me in? Does anyone know anyone they have let in in the past? Please share your opinions and stories
I m afraid it all varies from year to year, i would say miss one grade and they might still consider you but since you d be 2 grades off i recon they might not, but you never know how everybody else did so don't lose hope yet.
Florality
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It seems unlikely if you've missed your offer by 2 grades.
TeeEm
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I feel that maths is very important component in an economics degree and given further that you are missing 2 grades it is unlikely.
Sam280297
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
For a university like Durham you may not get in with AAB. You would be more likely to get in with AAA but that would still be a bit risky. But at the end of the day you never know. If you had good AS grades and an outstanding personal statement you may still get in, but I'm afraid your chances of getting in with AAB is quite low.

You can still get into plenty of top universities with those grades however, so I would suggest looking at other unis and you can always keep up hope that you get let in or you meet your offer
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Read the first two posts on here:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3387419

For future reference - Durham behaved very badly towards applicants who missed their offers in the last two years, keeping them dangling for up to two weeks without making a decision on their case and then rejecting them when the best places in clearing had gone. Be prepared, and if you are rejected on results day itself, there is something positive to be got out of it, in that at least you can go to your insurance or get on with clearing quickly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (138)
61.88%
No I haven't decided yet (49)
21.97%
Yes but I might change my mind (36)
16.14%

Watched Threads