The Student Room Group

17 and single

was just wondering the general opinion on a 17 y/o girl who hasnt had an official boyfirend before? I've fancied boys and boys have apparently fancied me before but nothing has happened with any of these. I've had one kiss and some to ask me out etc but they never made any move to advance anything. According to boys im "pretty" but "too quiet". I am quiet and have a small circle of friends but i think im quiet civil to other people etc. I'm rambling, but was just wondering like if i told a boy i never had a boyfriend is that a turn off? And should i work on being more sociable/outspoken or wait and find someone who accepts this? #cornyaf
You can't force yourself to be more sociable, if you're shy then you're shy. You might find that you just grow out of this in time, so maybe it's best to find someone who accepts how you are and likes you regardless
Original post by Anonymous
was just wondering the general opinion on a 17 y/o girl who hasnt had an official boyfirend before? I've fancied boys and boys have apparently fancied me before but nothing has happened with any of these. I've had one kiss and some to ask me out etc but they never made any move to advance anything. According to boys im "pretty" but "too quiet". I am quiet and have a small circle of friends but i think im quiet civil to other people etc. I'm rambling, but was just wondering like if i told a boy i never had a boyfriend is that a turn off? And should i work on being more sociable/outspoken or wait and find someone who accepts this? #cornyaf

Not really, it doesn't make a difference really whether you have had a boyfriend or not before. You are still only 17 - nothing to worry about AT all. Just live and enjoy life :smile:
Reply 3
Perhaps if you were a decade older it might be more of a valid concern.

At 17 I wouldnt even begin worrying about it.

Quick Reply

Latest