The Student Room Group

*terrible boyfriend alert*

It's my girlfriend's 17th on Friday, although she acts like a 21 year old, what should I get her? So far I've got her a ring that she pointed out "that's nice" when we went shopping once. The only ideas I have are more cliche ones. TIA
Reply 1
As hard as this is to realise, most (if not all) of the members on TSR don't know your GF XD
The only person who can answer these questions is you, but I can try my best to throw some suggestions your way.

What does she like?
What are her favourite shows ? (maybe get her something themed around that.. like a hoodie?)
What's her favourite chocolate?
Sometimes it doesn't have to be 'physical' per se, you can get her a ticket to an outdoor event or something (skydiving??)

These are just things thrown off the top of my head xD Good luck mate :smile: (Hope I helped)
Original post by jackhaugh
It's my girlfriend's 17th on Friday, although she acts like a 21 year old, what should I get her? So far I've got her a ring that she pointed out "that's nice" when we went shopping once. The only ideas I have are more cliche ones. TIA

Atleast you got her a present :tongue:
That sounds nice. Maybe a card and perhaps a meal out?
Doesn't have to be grand, I'm sure she'll appreciate you remembering the ring and putting in some effort
Reply 3
Original post by EvasiveRose
Atleast you got her a present :tongue:
That sounds nice. Maybe a card and perhaps a meal out?
Doesn't have to be grand, I'm sure she'll appreciate you remembering the ring and putting in some effort

I've already booked to take her out for lunch and tea, so i'm more looking for little personal gifts because if i just turn up with a ring it's going to look like i'm proposing haha
Reply 4
Plan a day out for her :smile:

Edit: A huge bunch of flowers would be lovely as well!
(edited 8 years ago)
I've already booked to take her out for lunch and tea, so i'm more looking for little personal gifts because if i just turn up with a ring it's going to look like i'm proposing haha

Haha- I see how that could get awkward
As the above poster has said you do know her better than any of us. Perhaps a personalised card with a little message referring to something you guys have done together (like an inside joke) or perhaps her favourite chocolates, flowers, etc
I'm sure she'll be chuffed regardless (and you're not a 'terrible' boyfriend :tongue: )
text her night before like "bb i dont think this will work. ciao"
Then on her birthday be like "jkz luv u 4lyf"
Reply 7
Original post by marm-alade
does she have a favourite band (tickets)? Book (signed copy- or film/theatre adaptation)? Movie (home cinema)? A physical present is nice, but an experience is better- does she like sports (tickets to a game, something related to a team she really likes)? Adrenaline junkie (white water rafting? Abseiling)? At the end of the day, 17th isn't a massive bday so don't go too overboard, if you haven't got a lot of cash, you can still do something nice for her, anything that comes from the place of "what will she really enjoy/will make her happy?" will be good, think what she likes, her passions- even if it's something as small as a football jersey with her favorite player's name on the back, it'll go down well. Hope this helped!
They're all great ideas but I bought her a skydiving experience for Christmas that she hasn't used, and she now has a problem in her foot so she's unable to stand up for more than 10 minutes or so now:/ thanks for the ideas though!

Original post by nyancats
I tried, but it would just involve us eating all day! haha

Original post by EvasiveRose
Haha- I see how that could get awkward
As the above poster has said you do know her better than any of us. Perhaps a personalised card with a little message referring to something you guys have done together (like an inside joke) or perhaps her favourite chocolates, flowers, etc
I'm sure she'll be chuffed regardless (and you're not a 'terrible' boyfriend :tongue: )
thanks a lot!
Reply 8
Original post by tohaaaa
As hard as this is to realise, most (if not all) of the members on TSR don't know your GF XD
The only person who can answer these questions is you, but I can try my best to throw some suggestions your way.

What does she like?
What are her favourite shows ? (maybe get her something themed around that.. like a hoodie?)
What's her favourite chocolate?
Sometimes it doesn't have to be 'physical' per se, you can get her a ticket to an outdoor event or something (skydiving??)

These are just things thrown off the top of my head xD Good luck mate :smile: (Hope I helped)

I tried the skydiving thing for Christmas and it's gone unused. Thanks for the suggestions!
Original post by nyancats

Edit: A huge bunch of flowers would be lovely as well!

Flowers are key, young squire.
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
Flowers are key, young squire.

Flowers are always such a lovely present! :flowers:

I tried, but it would just involve us eating all day! haha

Haha, love it
I tried the skydiving thing for Christmas and it's gone unused. Thanks for the suggestions!

Unused? :O
Who's crazy enough to pass on jumping out of a plane? xD
bunch of red roses, makeup (if she likes it) like Mac, illamasqua ect ect. Perfume? hahaha xD i'd personally love that.
Reply 14
Original post by noticemesenpai
bunch of red roses, makeup (if she likes it) like Mac, illamasqua ect ect. Perfume? hahaha xD i'd personally love that.

I know she uses Mac but i'd have no idea which to get, cheers!
Reply 15
Original post by tohaaaa
Unused? :O
Who's crazy enough to pass on jumping out of a plane? xD

Tell me about it!
TOP TIP: every time someone says the like something add to a list
I know she uses Mac but i'd have no idea which to get, cheers!

Get lipstick the safest shade to get is red :biggrin:
Chanel is really good too with lipsticks
Reply 18
You could get a gift card / store card for the make up maybe? I know it doesn't look as much but at least then she can get whatever she likes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending