The Student Room Group

Is having a 34`` waist too big for a 20 year old lad?

So I've recently put a bit of weight on (too much alcohol) and am not too pleased to discover my waist has grown too. I've been aware I've been gaining but have still been managing to squeeze into my 30`` jeans (with the top button undone) - as I can't really afford a new wardrobe at the minute. I went to get measured for a suit the other day and the bloke measuring me said I had a 33.5 inch belly and said I better buy the 34'' to have a bit of growing room. I just laughed it off and said I'd been slacking at the gym lately but am wondering is having a 34`` waist too fat for someone who is only 20? I'm not overweight but still should I try to lose a bit of weight?
What is your BMI

work that out...

32-33 is normally fine. 34 is a tad big.
Not if you've got a 6 pack.
what is your height and weight?
Original post by bassbabe
Not if you've got a 6 pack.

Hoe

Posted from TSR Mobile
depends how tall you are

I'm loyal though :pierre:
Original post by Jahe
So I've recently put a bit of weight on (too much alcohol) and am not too pleased to discover my waist has grown too. I've been aware I've been gaining but have still been managing to squeeze into my 30`` jeans (with the top button undone) - as I can't really afford a new wardrobe at the minute. I went to get measured for a suit the other day and the bloke measuring me said I had a 33.5 inch belly and said I better buy the 34'' to have a bit of growing room. I just laughed it off and said I'd been slacking at the gym lately but am wondering is having a 34`` waist too fat for someone who is only 20? I'm not overweight but still should I try to lose a bit of weight?

Mine's 38 at best haha - there is always someone worse off in that respect!
Original post by SCIENCE :D
what is your height and weight?

I'm 5ft 9 and weigh about 13 stone.
Original post by Jahe
I'm 5ft 9 and weigh about 13 stone.

I have the same waist as you but I was a stone heavier and I am 6 foot 1 so it probably evens out and I am only 17, so I wouldn't say that there is anything wrong with your waist. :smile:
I wouldn't say that 34" is too big at all, however I would suggest trying to lose a little bit of weight for the sake of your self esteem, your financial situation (not buying a new wardrobe) and perhaps just to feel more energetic in the morning :smile: Each to their own of course, i'm by no means some expert in these kinds of things but I did shrink down from a 44" waist back when I was 14 to now being a 30" and can tell you I am happier in most respects!
I'm 15 and my waist is 34"

Quick Reply

Latest