hey dont b mean to veron he is nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iiikewldude)
    narb2 did u find out why u got banned?
    no

ollie didn't know, just said i'm banned for 30 days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    Lampard is a water carrier, a fairly decent one - on current evidence, but he isn't exactly remarkable.
    He's not a water carrier, that implies someone like Deschamps, he is a classic midfielder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron Huntroyde)
    He's not a water carrier, that implies someone like Deschamps, he is a classic midfielder.
    In my opinion, considering his claim to a place in the England midfield is not exactly self-evident (behind the likes of Gerrard, Scholes, Beckham and maybe even Dyer) - how can he be a classic midfielder?

Certain players will be remembered in football folklore for years and years to come, I doubt whether Lampard will be one of them. Agreed, he has had two fantastic seasons and come of age. I term him a 'water carrier' because, in my opinion, he doesn't quite cut the mustard as a stylish innovator (in the Zidane/Pires mould) or a rock-solid holding midfield player (in the Keane/Viera bracket) - although he is a reasonably effective lynchpin. I suppose he tries to do 'a bit of both', as it were, though if this is the case I can think of better exponents who are more deserving of the label 'classic'. I would sooner have a player like Roma's Emerson over Lampard.

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion, considering his claim to a place in the England midfield is not exactly self-evident (behind the likes of Gerrard, Scholes, Beckham and maybe even Dyer) - how can he be a classic midfielder?

Certain players will be remembered in football folklore for years and years to come, I doubt whether Lampard will be one of them. Agreed, he has had two fantastic seasons and come of age. I term him a 'water carrier' because, in my opinion, he doesn't quite cut the mustard as a stylish innovator (in the Zidane/Pires mould) or a rock-solid holding midfield player (in the Keane/Viera bracket) - although he is a reasonably effective lynchpin. I suppose he tries to do 'a bit of both', as it were, though if this is the case I can think of better exponents who are more deserving of the label 'classic'. I would sooner have a player like Roma's Emerson over Lampard.
    By "classic" I don't mean great, I mean a midfielder who does a bit of everything, like Deschamps and Emerson.

ReputationRep:
    By "classic" I don't mean great, I mean a midfielder who does a bit of everything, like Deschamps and Emerson.
    Apologies, maybe I misinterpreted "classic" for greatness rather than a traditional, orthodox centre-mid . However, I fail to understand how the two quoted comments can co-exist - as you appear to refute my claim that Lampard is a water carrier and go on to name Deschamps as a more fitting exemplar. And yet in elaborating on the term "classic", you seem to place Lampard in a similar bracket to Deschamps (in terms of his role). :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Apologies, maybe I misinterpreted "classic" for greatness rather than a traditional, orthodox centre-mid . However, I fail to understand how the two quoted comments can co-exist - as you appear to refute my claim that Lampard is a water carrier and go on to name Deschamps as a more fitting exemplar. And yet in elaborating on the term "classic", you seem to place Lampard in a similar bracket to Deschamps (in terms of his role). :confused:
    OK, that's a mistake in my second post, I mant to put someone like Chalton.

ReputationRep:
    OK, that's a mistake in my second post, I mant to put someone like Chalton.
    Charlton?

ReputationRep:
    Charlton?
    That's the one...

ReputationRep:
    As much as i've been disappointed with Veron this season....i do believe that he shoukld've been given one more season....i still think he could've made it big in the premiership...even though his style isn't really suited to its tempo.

I'd have liked to see how he'd have done this season....with no injuries and a new manager...

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serious stuff)
    lampard pisses all over Veron

Veron is **** innit
    I dont support man utd or chelsea, but i have always thought veron was one of the most over rated footballers in the world, even before he went to man u.

• create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.