Article: The best apps for jotting down notes and thoughts at university

Watch this thread
GuppyFox
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
You can view the page at http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...-at-university
Smilin’ Knight
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
"You do not have permission to view this page"
GuppyFox
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Smilin’ Knight)
"You do not have permission to view this page"
Should be working now
Smilin’ Knight
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I think I'll probably use evernote, will have to look into its features. Would like to be able to take photos of pages then annotate them digitally for notes.

Also does anyone know of any apps/software that can convert a picture of text into a word document? A bit like you can do with scanned documents
GnomeMage
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Hate one note from Microsoft so I use evernote only.

But in uni I much prefer tsking notes by pen.

Evernote only to remind me what to do

Posted from TSR Mobile
Slowbro93
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Quite like notability
GnomeMage
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Smilin’ Knight)
I think I'll probably use evernote, will have to look into its features. Would like to be able to take photos of pages then annotate them digitally for notes.

Also does anyone know of any apps/software that can convert a picture of text into a word document? A bit like you can do with scanned documents
One note can...buts **** tbh. The technology is called ocr.

Posted from TSR Mobile
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Onenote literally contains my whole life planned out in it sometimes:P
GnomeMage
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Slowbro93)
Quite like notability
Is it on Android?

Posted from TSR Mobile
ParadoxSocks
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by claireestelle)
Onenote literally contains my whole life planned out in it sometimes:P
How do you find working with onenote? I really struggle to get my head around it but I really want to start using it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Drunk Punx
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Has the use of a pen and some paper really gone so far out of fashion?
claireestelle
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ParadoxSocks)
How do you find working with onenote? I really struggle to get my head around it but I really want to start using it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I found it quite easy once you get your head round the nifty features. I have separate notebooks so it doesn't get crowded so one for everyday life: meal planning bills budgets and stuff like that, then i have a university note book sorted by module with links to the word documents that are my module handbooks attached(being able to attach any other office documents is my favourite feature).

I prefer it to word as it is fully searchable, easy to screen clip diagrams in and my dyslexic friendly font looks better in that sort of format, the search function helps with the awful memory too If you re struggling with any feature I guarantee someone will have made a youtube video on how to use it
GnomeMage
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Thanks
(Original post by Drunk Punx)
Has the use of a pen and some paper really gone so far out of fashion?
I still use pen for lecture notes

But note app are stored online. Never lost. Accessible everywhere. Most importantly can store pictures!!! Can draw mind map easily. Can share (if u work in an office sharing memo would be very useful! ). Plus u can search ur notes with search function which you have to go through manually with papers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Drunk Punx
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by GnomeMage)
I still use pen for lecture notes

But note app are stored online. Never lost. Accessible everywhere. Most importantly can store pictures!!! Can draw mind map easily. Can share (if u work in an office sharing memo would be very useful! ).
Good points! Plus I can see the sense in only having to carry around one thing with you instead of loads of paper and pens.
ParadoxSocks
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I found it quite easy once you get your head round the nifty features. I have separate notebooks so it doesn't get crowded so one for everyday life: meal planning bills budgets and stuff like that, then i have a university note book sorted by module with links to the word documents that are my module handbooks attached(being able to attach any other office documents is my favourite feature).

I prefer it to word as it is fully searchable, easy to screen clip diagrams in and my dyslexic friendly font looks better in that sort of format, the search function helps with the awful memory too If you re struggling with any feature I guarantee someone will have made a youtube video on how to use it
I'll have to have a look. I'm going to be teaching and it could potentially be ideal for planning units of work for pupils and I think they're sharable too, right? It could definitely work to pull everything together and may save faffing around trying to sort out a website of some sort.
claireestelle
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ParadoxSocks)
I'll have to have a look. I'm going to be teaching and it could potentially be ideal for planning units of work for pupils and I think they're sharable too, right? It could definitely work to pull everything together and may save faffing around trying to sort out a website of some sort.
Yes completely shareable you can add as many people as you like to a notebook
ParadoxSocks
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Yes completely shareable you can add as many people as you like to a notebook
Oooh. Interesting. Thanks. I'll definitely have a look through. Might help my A level pupils out!
Lucas86
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
My recommendation is a free iOS app Notescroll. A fast and easy note taking app collects all my ideas and thoughts. Coolest feature of this app is that lets you browse all your notes like iBook, even have table of contents and page number.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (92)
19.96%
The paper was reasonable (176)
38.18%
Not feeling great about that exam... (119)
25.81%
It was TERRIBLE (74)
16.05%

Watched Threads