The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Laurasaur
My psychology teacher told me that I was in love with my father, having annotated my work with the word 'penis'.

The dangling participle in this sentence lends it far more suspense than it rightfully deserves.
Hmmm my teacher of 2 years. She was alright until she left in the first year leaving us to do nothing but sit around she never even left us a cover teacher. So in second year we had to catch up in our first year work she returns but is sooo bitchy, she said mean comments about everyone and took 3 months to mark one unit with only 4 tasks. The woman did not even bother to help us with our first year work she told us that it was not her problem, she said all of these sarcastic and mean comments. *rolls eyes* she thought we were going to just slack off due to it being our final year. I'm so glad that I don't have to see her face again.
Original post by Profesh
The dangling participle in this sentence lends it far more suspense than it rightfully deserves.

Then perhaps my English teacher was my worst :'D
Original post by Sahra.S
Errghhhhh I had the absolute horrific English teacher this year who sucked the joy and love I had for the subject right out of me!!!! When I found out she was leaving I cried tears of pure happiness!!! Who was your most hated teacher???

Maths teacher in Primary School- always used to tell me I wouldn't succeed in "Big School" and will not pass G.C.S.E's. As a result I was always in fear since then but I can only prove her wrong on G.C.S.E results day.
Original post by Celebi899
I was the bottom of my class all through primary school, having SEN. SENCO told my parents I was never going to get any benefit from mainstream school, they were told to send me to a special school but they decided to send me to a secondary one instead, and here I am doing great at AS. Some teachers really don't pay much attention to pupils and feel like their opinion overrules everyone (even multiple doctors in my case) and that really sickens me to the core😡

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's bad :frown: but hey at least you proved your primary school teachers wrong :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The teacher I had for GCSE Geography, so far. She ought to consider a career change. I was not alone in thinking her teaching absolutely sucked - many of my classmates did not find her effective. She herself is probably aware that she sucks. Still, she brags about having had '6 years of university education'. That somehow makes her an engaging teacher. LOL! I hope she gets run over by a car or something. She put me off geography big time. I was very enthusiastic about the subject prior to Year 10 and would have managed just fine if I had instead my geography teacher from Year 9, who was miles above in terms of teaching and igniting a passion for the subject.
Original post by ellie0497
He starting taking his clothes off and I saw things I didn't want to see :no:
He asked me to do weird things which I refused to do. I will never find a teacher online again, especially TSR:lol:

lol thats 2 funny
I had a chemistry teacher this year who was a nightmare. I mean, she had an amazing knowledge of the subject but she would put down any student who tried to give her an answer that was even slightly wrong. A boy didn't understand something once and she made him stand up and then proceeded to explain every tiny detail of it in this horrid tone like he was a little kid or something; it was so humiliating for him, and when she'd finished, she forced him to repeat her and say that he understood it now, even though he looked twice as confused as before. Half the class was terrified that she would do it to us, so after a while everyone sort of just stopped trying to answer her questions and then she had a go at the class for being too quiet. I always hated talking to her because every time I said something to do with the subject I was scared she'd put me down and make me feel stupid, which tbh she did a lot. She made me feel like I didn't deserve to be in that class, as if I wasn't good enough for her to be teaching me. I don't think any teacher should do that to a student. Luckily she left a little while ago, which completely messed up everyone's learning because she left in the middle of a term but we got a much better teacher after that. (I still think I've failed chemistry anyway) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 88
My year 9 maths teacher who screamed about everything and would stop everything if one kid was talking, which eventually led to almost every lesson only having about 10 minutes of teaching in a 60 minute lesson.

Also my year 12 English Language teacher who never taught us the course until about a month before the exam and spent every lesson rambling on about the glossary and/or making us do pointless assignments.
I'd say but he/she uses TSR - I'll keep it a secret until I leave
Original post by Sahra.S
Errghhhhh I had the absolute horrific English teacher this year who sucked the joy and love I had for the subject right out of me!!!! When I found out she was leaving I cried tears of pure happiness!!! Who was your most hated teacher???

How did your teacher suck the joy and love for the subject? (if you plan or already go to uni... Lecturers will do this without contempt)!
Original post by Fleming1928
My year 12 History teacher.

After Christmas, the teacher which taught me since year 9 left to go to a different school. He was the most amazing history teacher ever, thanks to him I got an A* at GCSE. The teacher that came after him was the worst history teacher I've ever had. We were learning about the Russian Revolution and she said that it happened because of bread. She wasn't even joking.. when she asked me what the most important reason for the revolution was I said 'the incompetence of the Tsar' and she said 'no it was bread' .. if we didn't mention bread in our essays she'd mark us down. In my mock (with my old teacher) I got an A, and ever since she came she would constantly give me C's. Also, she said that believing that Lenin was the reason why the Bolsheviks had a successful revolution was wrong. According to her it was Trotsky who was the most amazing Bolshevik and no one was allowed to believe otherwise. Once she set us an essay .. so to not get a bad grade I wrote the essay about Trotsky. She once again gave me a C and said that I didn't write enough about Trotsky.
Apart from her false facts and blaming everything on bread, she would cancel most of her lessons (especially period 6). Her lessons consisted of giving us sheets and then highlighting them. If someone said that they didn't understand something she would just read it .. but she would read it wrong! Imagine a teacher who can't read ...
In the end she 'left' (she probably got fired). The last essay I ever gave to her was probably titled 'Why did the Red Army win the Civil War'. I wrote the whole essay on Lenin, saying how amazing his leadership was. She never gave it back to me. She would've probably gave me 0 marks because I said Lenin was more important than bread and Trotsky. After her we had a new teacher who taught us very well However we ended up missing out a whole topic (which came up on the exam). She wasted at least 2 months - in those 2 months we've learnt nothing from her. I tried to teach myself everything but I also had a lot of work to do for my other subjects. I won't be surprised if I get a U in my exam.

The way your wrote this anecdote is hilarious! I do feel sorry for you! Had the exam same problem with a History teacher. But it was about Fascism in Italy and Napoleon. She'd always give me Ds and Cs for saying it was down to other factors, rather than prasing her ideas and theories!

She told our class (at this point I dropped History in April just before the exam cause I hated her so much) not to revise Napoleon cause she said he wouldn't come up cause he's come up in the past 3 years... To the class' disadvantage, he came up and everyone failed so they had to retake that exam. Safe to say, half the class dropped the subject, whilst the others took the exam. Funny how, even though the other group didn't have her, they complained about a new History teacher, saying he's awful, but at least none of them had to retake!
My maths teacher, who would help someone else and point his butt in your face. :biggrin:
Original post by Wilfred Little
My form tutor was a total bitch, ended up getting me permanently excluded from my school.

OMG, how weird, this is the exact same as me!!!
My year 7 to year 9 food technology teacher.

She was the scariest and most hate-filled person I've ever come across, and I was always terrified in her lessons. She was always shouting and was horrible to everyone, even being nasty to the teaching assistant sometimes. She was extremely strict and had ridiculous expectations, e.g. bringing ingredients to the lesson, making whatever dish we were making and washing up all in less than an hour - that doesn't seem so bad, but when you take into account how nervous she made us all and the fact she refused to help any of us, lessons really were a nightmare.

I remember a couple of incidents in particular: on one occasion we were making pastry, and I accidentally sliced my finger on the food processor blade. Blood was going everywhere and when I went over to the teaching assistant to ask for a plaster, she came over, rolled her eyes and said to the assistant "oh what's she done now?", in an annoyed tone. She wouldn't let me have a plaster, which was crazy after all the time she spent banging on about health and safety.

Another time we were making an apple pie, and I was really struggling. She was walking around the classroom observing everyone, and just after she looked at mine, she yelled "you're all useless!".

Everyone rejoiced when she finally left the school :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
OMG, how weird, this is the exact same as me!!!

What happened with you?

I turned up to sports day not in uniform, she had a go at me for it and said I called her a Paki (I didn't). My word vs hers and they believed her.
Original post by SotonianOne
My drama teacher.

Put music on and let us sleep (literally) in class to "feel inner selves" once a month. I don't know if that is a serious drama technique or if she was trolling but she was terrible.

Sounds just like my RS Teacher from Years 10-13. If he had marking to do the lesson after he'd had a test, he would pretty much put the whole class in a deep meditative state then break us out of the trance mere seconds before the bell would ring.

He was actually my favourite teacher.

My worst teacher was probably my French and Spanish teacher in Year 9. Surprise tests on end-of-topic stuff part way through the topic with detentions for those who didn't pass. There were a couple of times I received full 1 hour detentions at lunch time for not being able to complete online-based homework over the weekend as we didn't have a computer at home at the time... By full 1 hour detention I mean I wasn't allowed to even have lunch as eating in classrooms was forbidden. For some reason even though loads of people complained about her, nothing was ever done.
Original post by Chung224
it's sad really, a considerable amount of teachers from public schools don't really care for the students and read crap out of a text book like you said....it's probably because of their salary

By salary, you mean, not being paid very much aha?
mrs gibbons
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
By salary, you mean, not being paid very much aha?

yeah :smile:

Latest