The Student Room Group

2016 Consulting summer internships/Graduate scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Awesome Genius
Nah no point. Haven't got any experience.

Why did you suggest finance experience for consulting? When I'm on the computer I'll PM you the names of four Ex Oxford medics that have got in to McK at junior associate level in the last two years. Doctors have lots of skills that are desirable in consulting!

Ultimately it's all down to how smart you are. It affects how you sell your story for leaving medicine, how you handle the case interviews and how well you get on with your interviewer panel.

Do you remember when you kept telling me your friends could get you in?

When i said finance i meant things like ftse companies, not for profit work etc, i assumed youd be applying for associate positions, not graduate ones. Id like to see that, im sure they didnt just finish med, work in med for a couple years then immediately switch to mbb? Smart doesnt mean likable and persuasive btw.

So will it be just mbb, and if you dont get it stick with med?
Original post by welcometoib
haha buddy im at warwick, was just trolling. Yeah I know, lets see!

Lol good troll cuz I didn't wanna burst ypur bubble. I could have gone to imperial/Warwick if I was able to move out which really pisses me off.
I heard Oliver seems to ONLY hire oxbridge ppl which seems so retarded.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cooldudeman
Lol good troll cuz I didn't wanna burst ypur bubble. I could have gone to imperial/Warwick if I was able to move out which really pisses me off.
I heard Oliver seems to ONLY hire oxbridge ppl which seems so retarded.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ive seen you discuss your grades on another thread, youd easily be fine to have gotten into a target

well out of mbb and ow id say ironically mck seem the most diverse about not being anal about oxbridge.
Original post by Wahrheit
Do you go to Warwick?

Nahh uni of Birmingham which is good but not as good :frown:
ive seen you discuss your grades on another thread, youd easily be fine to have gotten into a target

well out of mbb and ow id say ironically mck seem the most diverse about not being anal about oxbridge.

Yh I wish I went to warwick. My life would be sorted lol.
Yh I wish I went to warwick. My life would be sorted lol.

if you wanted ib? sure. If yu wanted consulting? far from it, dont know anyone who has gotten into mbb or tier 2 from here, big 4 is the ceiling.

I saw you on the other consultant forum, did you get any tips there?
if you wanted ib? sure. If yu wanted consulting? far from it, dont know anyone who has gotten into mbb or tier 2 from here, big 4 is the ceiling.

I saw you on the other consultant forum, did you get any tips there?

Nah that other forum has stuck up ppl tbh. And r u serious.... warwick is so good. I'm sure you have a decent chance of mbb anf especially tier 2.

With big4, its all about the tests because if u go oxbridge and do bad on them, u wont get to the AC. Big4 are really different imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nah that other forum has stuck up ppl tbh. And r u serious.... warwick is so good. I'm sure you have a decent chance of mbb anf especially tier 2.

With big4, its all about the tests because if u go oxbridge and do bad on them, u wont get to the AC. Big4 are really different imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha the other forum was full of dicks, getting up your ass due to spelling :biggrin:

its great, for ib and every other career. for consulting, it really isnt. trust me i know people with cvs that would probably blow mine out with no sniff of tier 2s or above. there is one guy doing a summer at mck now from warwick, apart form him, dont think there is one in london.
big 4 is really big 2, pwc and deloitte are quite far ahead for consulting and both will grow pretty big in the next 5 years imo, really big.
haha the other forum was full of dicks, getting up your ass due to spelling :biggrin:

its great, for ib and every other career. for consulting, it really isnt. trust me i know people with cvs that would probably blow mine out with no sniff of tier 2s or above. there is one guy doing a summer at mck now from warwick, apart form him, dont think there is one in london.
big 4 is really big 2, pwc and deloitte are quite far ahead for consulting and both will grow pretty big in the next 5 years imo, really big.

Yeah im gonna apply for consulting in del and pwc but not in london cuz thats the most comp vacancies lol. Plus london has too many ppl. I can just imagine in the mornings.

It's come to the point for me that anything besides consulting makes me sad. Really need to grind on these applications.
Reply 49

Wonder where you got your last statement from aha. You heard back from the partner int yet? They seem to be taking ages...
Original post by AC1995
Wonder where you got your last statement from aha. You heard back from the partner int yet? They seem to be taking ages...

yo! hows ozzie! :smile: pm haha, and for pwc and del? got that from speaking to peeps and just generally they are investing in specific industries at a faster rate
Nahh uni of Birmingham which is good but not as good :frown:

Do you do maths then by any chance? I'm trying to figure out your reasoning for picking those 4 unis, for mbb it's mainly Oxbridge and I imagine LSE would send the most, then ICL, UCL, Warwick, Bristol. I tend to look at where they do campus recruiting to get an idea
Original post by Wahrheit
Do you do maths then by any chance? I'm trying to figure out your reasoning for picking those 4 unis, for mbb it's mainly Oxbridge and I imagine LSE would send the most, then ICL, UCL, Warwick, Bristol. I tend to look at where they do campus recruiting to get an idea

Yep maths. COWI are the best for maths lol. And I didn't know bristol was in league with ICL and UCL...

Bristol seems to be in level with my uni.
Yep maths. COWI are the best for maths lol. And I didn't know bristol was in league with ICL and UCL...

McK visits Bristol twice vs the 3 times it visits Oxbridge/Imperial/LSE. It's certainly quite close - but not nearly as recruited from.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
McK visits Bristol twice vs the 3 times it visits Oxbridge/Imperial/LSE. It's certainly quite close - but not nearly as recruited from.

Posted from TSR Mobile

God I'm so jealous.
Reply 55
yo! hows ozzie! :smile: pm haha, and for pwc and del? got that from speaking to peeps and just generally they are investing in specific industries at a faster rate

Realised I misread half of your post haha! But yeah, second what you say about PwC and Del - they're snapping up boutiques like crazy, especially with Strategy& and Monitor respectively
Anyone know how many people pwc and del hire each year or intake?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah definitely true for maths. Bristol is just visited a lot for campus events by consulting firms so I thought I'd mention it too, I wouldn't personally say it's in the same tier as UCL or ICL either
Reply 58
Original post by Princepieman

Posted from TSR Mobile

Think McK might potentially be upping it this year to 3 times at Bristol given they are now sponsoring a big law soc event there for the first time.
Anyone know roughly what the pass score for the critical thinking test for deloitte would be or was? I keep getting 50%-59%

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest