The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Thats dumb. Ribena is hardly the worst thing they sell that could make you obese :lol:
Reply 2
Original post by Awesome Genius
Damn :frown:

A nice carton of Ribena is the one thing all the white girls love

Ok I think you're trolling now
The incompetence of the people at Tesco is astounding. I suppose years of falsifying sales wasn't bad enough, so now they're just going for good ol' dumbassery to help them to their grave.
Reply 4
Publicity stunt
Original post by Kill3er
Publicity stunt

Yep, though tbf don't both Ribena and Capri Sun do "no added sugar/low sugar" varients, so is this just the vanilla version which is banned? I know Capri Sun have a no added sugar version now which basically means 1% sugar compared to 20 something, pretty sure Ribena has one.

Also by the by, Tesco's own brand High Juice Blackcurrant squash is 20% sugar, putting in the high sugar range, removing that too I assume?
Original post by Fango_Jett
The incompetence of the people at Tesco is astounding. I suppose years of falsifying sales wasn't bad enough, so now they're just going for good ol' dumbassery to help them to their grave.

More than likely sales of Ribenna have just gone so downhill its being made into a sacrificial lamb as a way to try and look good and get rid of a dead product
Is it too much to expect parents to feed their children properly?
The drinks buyer at Tesco better be damn sure he knows what he's doing.
lol
What a joke.
I love drinking Ribena but that's beside the point.

I doubt Ribena leads to child obesity. Why not remove the donuts and countless brands of chocolate? The stupidity of Tesco overwhelms me.
Original post by Fango_Jett

My thoughts exactly.
Childhood obesity isn't caused by any one particular food or drink, it's caused by parents not understanding (or caring) about the nutrition of their child. Some kids get obese on massive portions of home cooked meals, others crisps and others sugary drinks and treats. Though of course sugary drinks and high calorie snacks are linked because well... they're high calorie. But you still need to eat them in excess over a long period of time of them to get that fat.

No need to make products looks like the problem, it's the lack of care and knowledge from parents that is the problem.
Bring back fat camps and get these pudgy little soda guzzlers on the treadmill.
Reply 15
A lot of obese actually drink sugar free soda's and that leads to some conspiracy theorists to believe sweetners cause obesity. Rubbish they are just eating far too much food while I do think those who drink a lot of sugary drink may eat less as they're their calories from drink instead of food?
Original post by ElLoco
A lot of obese actually drink sugar free soda's and that leads to some conspiracy theorists to believe sweetners cause obesity. Rubbish they are just eating far too much food while I do think those who drink a lot of sugary drink may eat less as they're their calories from drink instead of food?

Ah the classic diet coke whilst eating a massive burger and chips :')
Aaha, though many sweeteners do increase appetite in many people. So while they don't cause weight gain themselves, they certainly don't help those trying to lose weight.
Reply 17
Lol. If they want to combat obesity then half their store would be empty. Get rid of the crisps, chocolates, sweats, fizzy drinks, biscuits and pastries. Clear the freezers of Ice creams, lollies and unhealthy frozen meals. I recently tried to go healthy and wrote of shopping list of healthy food items. I was in and out in less than ten minutes. Strong will power is better than these publicity stunts.
If they are planning on banning them, why are they on special offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Yet they haven't banned products containing Aspartame, which is a nerve poison...

Quick Reply

Latest