The Student Room Group

Audiology 2016

Are any of you applying for Audiology 2016 entry at DMU as your first choice?

What other unis are you thinking of applying for?
Any advice on audiology would be helpful

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Are any of you applying for audiology 2016 entry? :smile:
What unis you thinking of applying for
Reply 2
I'm thinking of applying for audiology in 2016. I'm currently looking at Aston University, University of Southampton, University of Manchester, University of Leeds. What about you? Do you have any idea in terms of which unis are the best for audiology?:smile:
Reply 3
Original post by summana
I'm thinking of applying for audiology in 2016. I'm currently looking at Aston University, University of Southampton, University of Manchester, University of Leeds. What about you? Do you have any idea in terms of which unis are the best for audiology?:smile:

Whats your fifth choice. Are you only applying to 4 unis?. Southampton is the best uni for audiology and manchester is the oldest uni as it was the first to start audiology. Im not applying to southampton as they dont accept a btec extended diploma which i am doing atm. Manchester is asking for a B in science and maths at gcse and i only have a c so i wont be applying there. I will be apllying to all the other 5 unis. Are you doing alevels?
Reply 4
I havent decided what my fifth choice will be yet, it's between Cardiff and Middlesex. Oh nice, yeah southampton was the uni I'm most impressed with so far. Yeah I'm doing A levels in English Lit, Psychology and Biology. How long have you been considering audiology for?
Reply 5
Original post by summana
I havent decided what my fifth choice will be yet, it's between Cardiff and Middlesex. Oh nice, yeah southampton was the uni I'm most impressed with so far. Yeah I'm doing A levels in English Lit, Psychology and Biology. How long have you been considering audiology for?

I`ve been considering audiology for a long time, at least 2 years. Wbu
Where do you live?
Reply 6
Hey, I'm planning on doing Audiology too. I've got ACC at as level and will most defiantly be re sitting the two C's do you still think I have good chance? Currently starting A2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by HafsaR
Hey, I'm planning on doing Audiology too. I've got ACC at as level and will most defiantly be re sitting the two C's do you still think I have good chance? Currently starting A2

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you`ll have a good chance if your re sitting them. What a levels are you doing? And what unis are you thinking of applying to :smile:
Reply 8
Bio, chem, psyc ,ICT. Won't be carrying on with chem though. Thinking of applying to Leeds and Manchester because there the closest. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by HafsaR
Bio, chem, psyc ,ICT. Won't be carrying on with chem though. Thinking of applying to Leeds and Manchester because there the closest. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh cool. Im doing a BTEC. I`ll be applying to all the unis apart from southampton and manchester
Reply 10
Good luck with your application :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by HafsaR
Good luck with your application :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good Luck with your application too :biggrin:
I'm thinking of applying for Audiology at Aston, Manchester, De Montfort, Leeds and Southampton :smile:
I'm finding it really hard to get work experience though :frown: Have you guys done any audiology-specific work experience and if so, where?
Reply 13
Original post by Oiseaux
I'm thinking of applying for Audiology at Aston, Manchester, De Montfort, Leeds and Southampton :smile:
I'm finding it really hard to get work experience though :frown: Have you guys done any audiology-specific work experience and if so, where?

Some hospitals will let you sit in with an audiologist for a day - best to try all hospitals with audiology depts within travelling distance. Otherwise you might be able to get some work experience with a local deaf charity or Action on Hearing Loss. Or even some volunteering in a care home or a local charity will all help.
Reply 14
I've done some work experience with young children at a early years centre. This shows the universities that I have some experience with young ppl. Just need to sort something out with the elderly now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
hello I am planning to apply for audiology this year. I do A2 Biology, Psychology and English Literature. My predicted grades are BBC/BBD and I really want to go to De Montofrt. My teachers have predicted me quite low grades, but I am able to achieve ABC by the end of A2. De montort asks for 300 UCAS points with a B in a science subject, i have been predicted a B in Biology. Do you think I have a chance? Thank you
Reply 16
Hey, i think you've definitely got a chance because audiology requires at least one science however you've got two: psychology and biology. Just make sure you achieve at least an A or a B in your science subject to keep your application strong. Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HafsaR
Hey, i think you've definitely got a chance because audiology requires at least one science however you've got two: psychology and biology. Just make sure you achieve at least an A or a B in your science subject to keep your application strong. Good luck

Posted from TS
Thank you very much for your help. Good luck to you too.
Reply 18
Original post by summana

Middlesex was my insurance choice and I really liked it there when I visited for an open day and interview. Do watch out for the accommodation situation though: if you look at some of the Middlesex threads there are a lot of unhappy people about to enrol who weren't offered any university accommodation, and it is really expensive to live in London.
I'll be starting Audiology at University of Southampton next year! I got in for 2015 but i deferred to 2016. If anyone has any questions let me know!
Original post by Nv97
Are any of you applying for audiology 2016 entry? :smile:
What unis you thinking of applying for

Quick Reply

Latest