Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i don't think you can compare oos to absolution, they're really quite different albums. i think absolution is like a better version of showbiz. showbiz is a bit more generic and doesn't really show their talent like oos and absolution do.

i can't say i've ever seen a better live show that muse at nottingham arena last november. standing there in the dark and hearing dom pound the drums until the opening of apocalypse please... a truly stunning experience. i loved matt's piano as well, with the light-y up-y bits on the front

but i think they managed the smaller venues well too. at doncaster their set was electric. i seriously suggest you see them, you won't be disappointed.

can't wait for t!

ReputationRep:
    Saw Muse at the MEN Arena and it was simply astounding.

I really can't say which is my favourite album, but I will say that Showbiz is very underrated by many Muse fans. I can see why some don't like it, since the sound is not as immense as OOS or Absolution, but Sunburn, Uno, Unintended (the first Muse song I heard, probably why I like it so much), Escape - it's just a great album.

I cannot recommend http://www.microcuts.net highly enough, especially since they recently added acoustic versions of a load of Muse's songs. Also http://www.visual-music.org/bootlegs-3.htm has nine live tracks.

Favourite song? That's like asking me to choose between ... well I can't think of an appropriate two things, so insert two things you couldn't choose between here. Ooh, doesn't matter, I've got it - playing the guitar or the piano (altho I suppose Mr Bellamy can do both at the same time...)

ReputationRep:
    My friends who do drama as level used citizen erased (the beginning bit ) in their production of oedipus, really gave the scene an edge!!! Love muse, really like time is running out because of the great bass, and bliss cos of the twinkly bits!
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    I have never taken to Showbiz myself
    Still just me then?

ReputationRep:
    i saw muse at the men as well and they are awesome. To be honest, all of their albums are really good (well not including hullabaloo, which isn't as good as the other 3). My favourite songs are cave, apocalypse please, muscle museum, plug in baby, time is running out, thoughts of a dying athiest and new born.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    i saw muse at the men as well and they are awesome. To be honest, all of their albums are really good (well not including hullabaloo, which isn't as good as the other 3). My favourite songs are cave, apocalypse please, muscle museum, plug in baby, time is running out, thoughts of a dying athiest and new born.
    Verily am I pissed off with the T in the Park organisers - they, in their infinite wisdom, have decided to have Muse and Sir David of Bowie on AT THE SAME TIME. It'd be great to see Muse in the tent, headlining, but I can't miss Bowie, especially since I saw Muse at Leeds in 2002.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpollodiablouk)
    Verily am I pissed off with the T in the Park organisers - they, in their infinite wisdom, have decided to have Muse and Sir David of Bowie on AT THE SAME TIME. It'd be great to see Muse in the tent, headlining, but I can't miss Bowie, especially since I saw Muse at Leeds in 2002.
    yes i KNOW :mad:

decisions decisions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milkcookies88)
    Are you a listener of this glorious UK band?
    Give me a track, an album or a band member and tell me why you like!
    i like....the one with the video and it looks hot...ooh whats the name..

theres a guy under a car
    a guy eating cereal
    and then they are all crying

its such a good song

I think theres an 'S' in it - help meee

ReputationRep:
    you cant miss BOWIE!! - the labyrinth!!!! "dance magic dance" *sighs* i love jareth the goblin king...i wanna go to V!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlord)
    you cant miss BOWIE!! - the labyrinth!!!! "dance magic dance" *sighs* i love jareth the goblin king...i wanna go to V!
    Ah don't worry, wouldn't miss Bowie for the world.

ReputationRep:
    Ah don't worry, wouldn't miss Bowie for the world.
    i'd see Muse over bowie any day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serious stuff)
    But Bowie's dying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    But Bowie's dying
    pfffft

Muse are amazing

not a massive Bowie fan to be honest

ReputationRep:
    I've seen them before, and it's very unlikely I'll get chance to see Bowie again. Of course, if the bloody Darkness weren't 2nd billing on the main stage, and Muse were there instead, I could see both. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I've seen them before, and it's very unlikely I'll get chance to see Bowie again. Of course, if the bloody Darkness weren't 2nd billing on the main stage, and Muse were there instead, I could see both. :mad:
    i've seen Muse before and would again :cool:

don't get me started on the flippin darkness

god knows how much the Reading organisers wasted to get them as one of the headliners

a disgrace

ReputationRep:
    i've seen Muse before and would again :cool:

don't get me started on the flippin darkness

god knows how much the Reading organisers wasted to get them as one of the headliners

a disgrace
    That's not the worst of it, on the main stage that day, they've also got Pink, Black Eyed Peas and Big Brovaz. Looks like its the tents for me...

ReputationRep:
    That's not the worst of it, on the main stage that day, they've also got Pink, Black Eyed Peas and Big Brovaz. Looks like its the tents for me...
    lol

the ultimate pop festival

the main stage at Reading isn't great 50 cent......

ReputationRep:
    They messed up V too with acts like Pink, Big Brovas and Jamelia.. I am not impressed :mad:

ReputationRep:
    lol

the ultimate pop festival

the main stage at Reading isn't great 50 cent......
    It's not too bad, in the tents that day there's British Sea Power, the Zutons, The Libertines, Jesse Malin, Ben Kweller, Delays, and *cough* erm Katie Melua and Ocean Colour Scene. Never mind eh.

ReputationRep:
    It's not too bad, in the tents that day there's British Sea Power, the Zutons, The Libertines, Jesse Malin, Ben Kweller, Delays, and *cough* erm Katie Melua and Ocean Colour Scene. Never mind eh.
    hasn't pete doherty left the libertines again?

i'm liking Reading a bit more now, Greenday should be quality

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 15, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.