Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serious stuff)
    hasn't pete doherty left the libertines again?

i'm liking Reading a bit more now, Greenday should be quality
    Apparently so, so I'm not sure if they'll play without him or what. Also the website says One More TBA, and Ash had confirmed themselves a while back, so I'm hoping its them to give it a bit of credibility for the saturday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpollodiablouk)
    Apparently so, so I'm not sure if they'll play without him or what. Also the website says One More TBA, and Ash had confirmed themselves a while back, so I'm hoping its them to give it a bit of credibility for the saturday.
    Ash are also quality live

Reading is the same, 1 more special guest

rumours are bloodhound Gang and the beastie boys

*prays for Beastie boys

ReputationRep:
    Ash are also quality live

Reading is the same, 1 more special guest

rumours are bloodhound Gang and the beastie boys

*prays for Beastie boys
    Actually saw Ash and Muse after each other at Leeds in 2002, followed by the Foo Fighters. Quality way to end the festival.

ReputationRep:
    Actually saw Ash and Muse after each other at Leeds in 2002, followed by the Foo Fighters. Quality way to end the festival.
    same here, but it was reading 2002

i think that was on the saturday

we finished with the immense prodigy

ReputationRep:
    same here, but it was reading 2002

i think that was on the saturday

we finished with the immense prodigy
    That was our Friday, saw a bit of the Prodigy, but went off halfway through to see Spiritualized, which was half empty. We had Guns n'Roses that night too, but I didn't bother staying for them. Our saturday was the best day for me - Mercury Rev, Dandy Warhols, White Stripes, Weezer, Electric Soft Parade, Pulp and the Strokes. Fan-bloody-tastic.

ReputationRep:
    That was our Friday, saw a bit of the Prodigy, but went off halfway through to see Spiritualized, which was half empty. We had Guns n'Roses that night too, but I didn't bother staying for them. Our saturday was the best day for me - Mercury Rev, Dandy Warhols, White Stripes, Weezer, Electric Soft Parade, Pulp and the Strokes. Fan-bloody-tastic.
    funny, i didn't see any of the bands you just listed

best bands that year for me were

A
    Muse
    Spunge
    prodigy
    No use for a name

ReputationRep:
    funny, i didn't see any of the bands you just listed

best bands that year for me were

A
    Muse
    Spunge
    prodigy
    No use for a name
    Out of those i saw Muse and the Prodigy. Really like Muse, but the singer (not Keith Flint, the other one) I thought was a bit creepy. Not bad though.

ReputationRep:
    When are Muse next touring? (Apart from V and T festival). I missed them at the MEN last november because I left it too late to get tickets argh

ReputationRep:
    MUSCLE MUSUEM! never forget showbiz my friends!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pumpkinfoodle)
    MUSCLE MUSUEM! never forget showbiz my friends!
    That's what I said! But nobody agreed with me

ReputationRep:
    I think all the albums are brilliant and is difficult to say which is the best, it vaires depending what mood i'm in for which one I like most, each album has amazinfg songs in. I haven't heard one bad song and I really wish i'd seen them live, but definitely goin to when they next tour here which I believe apart from the festivals in the summer is sometime in 2005, correct me if I'm wrong. Currently they just done a tour of US and about to/or are touring USA with The Cure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asphyxiating)
    When are Muse next touring? (Apart from V and T festival). I missed them at the MEN last november because I left it too late to get tickets argh
    they won't be playing in the uk for a good while. i would have thought probably late summer/autumn 2005 is the earliest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkegokane)
    they won't be playing in the uk for a good while. i would have thought probably late summer/autumn 2005 is the earliest.
    So they won't be playing in november? How come it's gonna be so long?

ReputationRep:
    wrote:Asphyxiating
    So they won't be playing in november? How come it's gonna be so long?
    well they tour when they release each album, so roughly every 2years

ReputationRep:
    That's what I said! But nobody agreed with me

whoooos SORRY :P i really really like showbiz. but then again like someone has said before, different muse albums have different moods. c'mon when you play the plug in baby riff... or even track 3 of new album! WOAH that really gets me going.

what else. oh anyone tried space dementia on the piano. that is maddening stuff.

ReputationRep:
    hasn't pete doherty left the libertines again?

i'm liking Reading a bit more now, Greenday should be quality
    http://www.nme.com/news/108813.htm

Might be old news I dunno, not really a fan of The Libertines.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pumpkinfoodle)
    what else. oh anyone tried space dementia on the piano. that is maddening stuff.
    I only dream of being good enough! *can just about play a few Disney songs- the easy versions*

ReputationRep:
    hey poste. i can *just* about manage that. the first few bars defines the mood beeeeautifully. then the next bit you can other just let your hand roll over so you get the noise, or you just delibrately sound the bottom octave to make yourself sound flippin' brash

if anyone can do the chromatic silent bit with the piano before the bass descends chromatically back into the verse, let me know

heheeheee muse muse muse muse. matt's voice is soooooo cool. i'm still angry how they removed their cover of feeling good for nestle's coffee. corruption!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 15, 2004
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.