The Student Room Group

Please help; I don't know what to do with one of the conditions of my course now

I am an EU student and I hold an offer for primary education. I have already passed my GCSE and A-levels equivalents and met all of my conditions apart from one. I have been told that the GCSE equivalent from my country is considered to be below UK's GCSE level and I will have to take an equivalency test in GCSE Science but I don't know how on earth am I supposed to do this now when there isn't much time left (I think the deadline to meet the conditions of your offer is the 31st of August). I think it's rather strange that I have been asked to pass it just now. It will be impossible for me to learn all the things in just a couple of weeks. I've worked hard to meet all of my conditions and I'm scared I won't be able to start university this year because of that. Are GCSEs really that important when I already have something like A-levels? What can I do? What are my options?
Original post by Jogotower
I am an EU student and I hold an offer for primary education. I have already passed my GCSE and A-levels equivalents and met all of my conditions apart from one. I have been told that the GCSE equivalent from my country is considered to be below UK's GCSE level and I will have to take an equivalency test in GCSE Science but I don't know how on earth am I supposed to do this now when there isn't much time left (I think the deadline to meet the conditions of your offer is the 31st of August). I think it's rather strange that I have been asked to pass it just now. It will be impossible for me to learn all the things in just a couple of weeks. I've worked hard to meet all of my conditions and I'm scared I won't be able to start university this year because of that. Are GCSEs really that important when I already have something like A-levels? What can I do? What are my options?

For something like Primary Education importance is placed on core GCSE's such as Science even when you have A-Levels. As far as I see it all you can do is explain you haven't been given enough time to the university and see what they say.
Reply 2
Yep, just explain that you can do it but such short notice is far from ideal.

In Scotland teachers need Higher equivalent English and Maths, which means those with only GCSE qualifications in these subjects need to ask nicely or take a test.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending