The Student Room Group

This girl really bothers me.

I've recently finished year 13 myself, but I do have friends in the year below. This one girl (who I'm not really friends with but am acquainted with) does Maths, Physics, Sociology, English Lit and... get this... she says she wants to study COMPUTER SCIENCE. Yet she literally knows nothing about computers. She says she "knows" HTML and "is teaching herself python", but that's a complete lie. I asked her a bunch of computer related question every so often, and each time she gets stumped and cant answer them. Not only that, but she's also she's really **** at the sciences and actually does pretty well in the arts (although to be fair, any moron could be good at those two arts subjects). I honestly think she should stick to English or women's studies, not branch out to something she clearly isn't good at. Oh and just to add, she also says she likes games, but whenever I ask for details like her steam name for example she always says no. Another major red flag is that she doesn't own an Xbox, PS3 or PS4. So she clearly doesn't know anything about vidya games either.

Overall I think she's only doing this for male attention, not because she actually LIKES these things. She's probably trying to make up for the fact she's a 2/10. Well, her gimmick definitely isn't working on ME, because she's not attractive. At all.

Have you ever met someone like this? How do you deal with them?

Scroll to see replies

0/10, can't believe you've taken the time to write this **** at 1:30 AM smh
FFS go to sleep mate
:| Okayyy
Some of us can't get to sleep, this is not helping.
You don't need to be a video game fanatic to study computer science. If anything, the video gamers are the most disillusioned when it comes to studying the degree

It's too late for this garbage :frown:
Original post by somemightsay888
0/10, can't believe you've taken the time to write this **** at 1:30 AM smh

This.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by whydoidothis?
Some of us can't get to sleep, this is not helping.

Also, this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Y u mad?? Jus breathe innih
Its the holidays people, I can go to bed whenever I want. Some of you are obviously tired, so go to bed then. I'm not stopping you.

Original post by thecatwithnohat
You don't need to be a video game fanatic to study computer science. If anything, the video gamers are the most disillusioned when it comes to studying the degreeIt's too late for this garbage :frown:

No no, my point was that she thinks she's a "gamurrr gurrrl" in addition to pretending to be a computer geek.
Original post by lonely-otaku
Its the holidays people, I can go to bed whenever I want. Some of you are obviously tired, so go to bed then. I'm not stopping you.

No no, my point was that she thinks she's a "gamurrr gurrrl" in addition to pretending to be a computer geek.

Many computer science enter the course not knowing a single programming languages or having any knowledge on computers in fact.

Just like other degrees, you won't know everything about the content what they entail beforehand. Just take a deep breath pls
And it affects you how?
Original post by cake_lover
And it affects you how?

I've loved computers all my life and have done freelance programming for money since I was 15. It's insulting that unattractive sluts are taking something I love and using it to bait the unfortunate desperate types who would do anything to get with a woman.

Original post by thecatwithnohat
Many computer science enter the course not knowing a single programming languages or having any knowledge on computers in fact.Just like other degrees, you won't know everything about the content what they entail beforehand. Just take a deep breath pls

Well those people are probably going to some **** unis, not gonna lie. People can't expect to get into a decent uni knowing nothing about their chosen subject, it's just illogical.

Well those people are probably going to some **** unis, not gonna lie. People can't expect to get into a decent uni knowing nothing about their chosen subject, it's just illogical.

If it matters to you so much, then just sit back and watch universities reject her for "knowing nothing about (her) chosen subject" good lord
You sound bitter?
****ing ignore her then!
Jeez, OP... :erm: What do you want us to do about it? There's not really much that can be constructively done. You're having a rant that would be better suited in a diary than on a forum.

Also how do you know that she's doing it for male attention? She could like computers and be interested in Computer Science but is relatively new to it and is trying to get started learning about it.

Why is this annoying you so much? :hmm:

PS you don't have to own a PS3, PS4 or Xbox to be a gamer. E.g. I would like to but priorities at the moment.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Star-girl
Jeez, OP... :erm: What do you want us to do about it? There's not really much that can be constructively done. You're having a rant that would be better suited in a diary than on a forum. Also how do you know that she's doing it for male attention? She could like computers and be interested in Computer Science but is relatively new to it and is trying to get started learning about it.Why is this annoying you so much? :hmm:PS you don't have to own a PS3, PS4 or Xbox to be a gamer. E.g. I would like to but priorities at the moment.

Well tbh the main purpose was to rant, but also how do you deal with poser nerds? I need to give her the reality check she so needs.

I know shes doing it for male attention because a) she's ugly and b) she's NOT GOOD at STEM subjects. I test her and I'm sorry but she fails every time.

It annoys me because, as I said I've been into computers for much longer than her, I'm much more experienced then she is, and yet she has the nerve to take something I love and use it as a slutting tool.

Also, you sound like a "pc master race"er
Well tbh the main purpose was to rant, but also how do you deal with poser nerds? I need to give her the reality check she so needs.

I ignore them. Eventually they will realise that no one really believes they are (if they are posing that is). :rolleyes:

I know shes doing it for male attention because a) she's ugly and b) she's NOT GOOD at STEM subjects. I test her and I'm sorry but she fails every time.

That doesn't necessarily mean she is doing it for the male attention. You know about her more than I do so you have more information on her potential motives. What I am saying is from what you have said, there isn't enough to say definitively that it's what she is doing.

It annoys me because, as I said I've been into computers for much longer than her, I'm much more experienced then she is, and yet she has the nerve to take something I love and use it as a slutting tool.

I don't condone slut shaming anyone, however annoying they may be. :hmmm:

If she really is doing this, then spend your time building your computer skills, don't sweat the numpties. :cool: Sadly there are always going to be people who have fake interests to impress people but if you spend ages getting really mad about every last one of them, you are going to lose a lot of time that could be better spent.

Also, you sound like a "pc master race"er

Looooooooooooooooool. :rofl: :rofl: I meant prioties as in uni and stuff, not PC games. If anything I am a Nintendo fan girl but I would like to get into PC gaming and PS3 and PS4, etc. more (I have a PS2, a broken PS3 (disc drive doesn't work :emo:) and played the PS1 but nothing newer from Sony) but I have too many interests and struggle to allocate them enough time as it is. Taking on more stuff is not a good idea for me. :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending