Cisco Watch

This discussion is closed.
Jim Hull
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I just wondered how many people are studying cisco at a-level?? In my school, there is only four of us, and most people I ask don't have a clue what cisco is!
Koloth
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Cisco isn't an A Level.
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Originally posted by Jim Hull
I just wondered how many people are studying cisco at a-level?? In my school, there is only four of us, and most people I ask don't have a clue what cisco is!
Which prompts beautifully my next question .... What the hell is Cisco ?!
Jim Hull
Originally posted by Koloth
Cisco isn't an A Level.
Well, yeah ok, but I meant at this time while we are studying a-levels; are they studying cisco as well. The reason why I ask is, in my school we have to take a min of 4 AS levels and because I am doing cisco at the same time I find it difficult to spend time doing it.
Btw, I heard remors that hopefully cisco will be becomming an a-level! That will help me out as I need as many ucas points as possible!

Cisco is all to do with networking computers. Learning about different networking protocols, medium, and devices like routers. Its very interesting!
Dam
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Did anyone else think this post would be about that moron 'rapper' who did that crap 'thong song'?

No? Just me then.
Ollie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
nope i thought it was an advert for cisco systems. I havent got a clue what it means!
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I DID Dam!! I thought I was the only one...i was wondering why anyone would bring up that ancient silly rapper and then spell his name wrong! hehehe.
atifkazi
Report 15 years ago
Cisco, is the world's largest networking providers, thorugh hardware and service.

Bascially Cisco, have set up Networking courses, which rank up from a lower course gradually working to higher courses.

This course is intended for people above college, and having a good knowledge of ICT and or A+.

I myself a secondary school student, have been picked from about 1400 people.
To attend a course, there are many courses in CISCO.

There are the following, ranking from Top to bottom

CCIE
CCDP
CCNP
CCDA
CCNA
IT ESSENTIALS 2
IT ESSENTIALS 1

Thes above courses, are very hard, i have nearly finished CCNA, and it is very long and EXPENSIVE if done privitely about £1000-£2000.

I CAUTION YOU!

THIS COURSE CISCO CCNA IS INCREADIBLY HARD, YOU TESTS EVERY SECTION OF CURICULAM YOU READ, IT REQUIRES YOU TO DO EXAMS ON THE NET, within 20 Seconds of submitting your answers to the test, you will recieve something back.
IT REQUIRES YOU TO WORK VERY FAST!, there are 4 SEMESTERS (CORES) and about 10 chapters, with about 12 exams in each semester.

That course is worth doing CCNA, if you know HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE, e.g. Comptia A+.
Then this course is cool, it can take anything from 6 months to 18 months to complete.

All cisco courses are hard, and you need a good memory, you must be read to CRAM!!!, it can take upto 3 hours to learn a chapter then take the exam which lasts from 2 miniuts to about 15 minuits.

You should have a look around for your local CISCO ACADEMY
PHIL
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
whatever happened to the singer sisco though, is he still alive, and producing music, as I haven't heard anything by him since his infamous 'thong song'?
Sorry to completely destroy the seriousness of this forum by the way, but I'm well bored,and kinda curious.

Phil
Robinb
Report 15 years ago
just out of PURE interest:

y u take the course if u have no idea what it is?

Y take computer science without knowing what a computer is?

Robinb
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
In reply to what atifkazi said i think that cisco is one of the easiest of courses to do. I'm doing it, and im by all means not an A grade student. All it takes to do cisco is patients, time and some where quiet to concentriate. In one 3 weeks i managed to complete semester 1 by getting 85%!
Jim Hull
CCNA is not difficult, its remembering things!
CCNP on the other hand is difficult. I have just started it and I find it more difficult then CCNA
Vin
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
I was about to congratulate someone upon reading the title of the thread as I thought somebody had been accepted by Cisco Systems (the multinational computer biggie) for work of some sort.
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 15 years ago
Can I do the course externally or would I have to apply through my current college???

I was going to try and get M/S certification (the web master one) in the time after the January resits but if this is easier then I might be tempted to leave M/S for a while till I actually have the time to put into it.
atifkazi
Report 15 years ago
i suppose different people find different courses hard or difficult, my personal weak points are on the router labs in semester 3, i shall commense semester 4 in about 2 weeks time.
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 15 years ago
Thankyou for the response!

Please post about semester four so that we can see how difficult it is. This would be of great help to people (including me).
atifkazi
Report 15 years ago
I have had a quick look at semester 4, it looks technical, so my guess, you need to use your head lol!, no more memory games!.
atifkazi
Report 15 years ago
I took my SEMESTER 3 Final Exam on Friday 1st August, and i got 88.9%
- Trust me, this exam is easy, just put ure mind to the semester and look at study guides.

Semester 4 reading starts now after a break i had, i will do the exams on the last week of august. in 2 weeks time.
atifkazi
Report 14 years ago
I did my Sem 4 a while back, i got like 81%, the exam was mostly easy i got 44/54 right.

Im now got the other rif raf out, im now Comptia N+ Certified, and done all my CCNA 1, 2, 3, 4, now the final run to the GCSEs, then i got my CCNA Final to do. :cool:

ol i bearly finished the compulsory part of the course on time, damn school and other stuff!, now i got to wait unil the summer to do the final.
Oh well.
Any Cisco CCNA people out there? :cool:
Pixelfairy #1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Wow! i wish my college did the cisco or microsoft exams!

Shame about the cost though...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (142)
45.81%
Pro-humanity (168)
54.19%

Watched Threads