Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i may not be the perfect student..but i have the perfect life...and thats all that matters to me!!

i live in a place i love, doing a course i love, with people i love, without a care in the world!!

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dream3r)
    But i also got a feeling he was tryin to mention, some students feel they are better than other students, especially with which degrees they are studying. For example Medics/Dentists feel they have more of superiority and kind of respect than students studying more vast subjects like Media Studies...

well in society point of view they do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    i may not be the perfect student..but i have the perfect life...and thats all that matters to me!!

i live in a place i love, doing a course i love, with people i love, without a care in the world!!

love Katy ***
    you have the perfect life? in PM you were telling me how stressed up you were!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazzYaa00)
    you have the perfect life? in PM you were telling me how stressed up you were!
    lol, i said i was stressed...but why does that make my life anymore unperfect? it shows i have normal human emotion...which means im even more perfect for it!!

stupid.

ReputationRep:
    I was having this discussion with a mate of mine who said an ideal student is one which has hardly any debt, parties a lot and manages to do exceptionally well....my response is as follows >>>> :confused:
    HE'S RIGHT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    lol, i said i was stressed...but why does that make my life anymore unperfect? it shows i have normal human emotion...which means im even more perfect for it!!

stupid.
    you said that a perfect life = happy how can you be happy if you're stressed?

stupid.

ReputationRep:

stupid.
    Everyone gets stressed, it's part of life, but if everything else is as perfect as it can be then you can be happy.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor

stupid.
    Hmmm insulting mods

Clever? or Stupid?

ReputationRep:
    Well there's a difference between free access and vip access, nuff people can get free access places, just cause of people you know, and that's good. But VIP access seems like a fake and pretentious idea to me... but i'm not saying it wouldn't be useful, certainly in london.

Well i'm the imperfect student, but we had some really perfect students at my 6th form, Daddy would by everything and pay for everything, surprisingly they all wanted to go to university, and a couple got into Cambridge (yea, even though they're set up for life, they actually worked a bit) so basicly you seem to be doing ok dude, but there's better. (Your daddy works for my daddy )

As for me, i'm much happier being me. (But that's not to say i wouldn't like a load of money... but i'd preffer an annonymous source, not my parents)

ReputationRep:
    I was having this discussion with a mate of mine who said an ideal student is one which has hardly any debt, parties a lot and manages to do exceptionally well....my response is as follows >>>> :confused:
    Exactly what your friend said.

ReputationRep:
    One strange thing I've noticed from this site is most the people from Oxford/Cambridge don't seem to be snobs, the snobs seem to come from some of the other top 10 universities and are quite often possibly oxbridge rejects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by endorf)
    watch your mouth please.
    Erm why what you going to do give me negative rep

I wasn't saying that people in the top 10 universities are snobs, I am just saying on this forum one or two of them appear to be, and I think people can take a guess which two insitutions I mean

ReputationRep:
    apology accepted. can i remind you that you study at the University of Salford. i dont like to get technical but insulting first class institutions speaks of jealousy.
    How did I insult the first class universities exactly? I said people from Oxbridge weren't snobs but they tend to be found in other top insitutions. I did not make any academic references to these universities.

ReputationRep:
    talking about them being snobs and oxford rejects when you dont even know them. a disgrace.
    My oxford rejects was just a fly by comment. Now as I didn't mention a specfic university or say more sources for my top 10 your argument is invalid.

Now if you will excuse me I have DNS settings to configure.

ReputationRep:
    And my oxford reject thing was said because the snobs were rejected for being snobs as it probably shows to the admisions officers. I once read somthing which was on the lines of "there is no place for snobs here".

ReputationRep:

stupid.

because i am. i dont know what you think stressed means...but to me its the fact that ive got pressure on me....which makes me perform at my best..which makes me happy.

why does being stressed make you automatically unhappy?

ReputationRep:
    your implication was evident. i feel far from my argument being "invalid", i have highlighted several flaws in your argument and now you are running off to avoid confrontation.
    So you don't agree that other universities have a higher concentration of snobs (at least from UKL evidence) and that people get rejected from Oxbridge for being snobs?

I am not saying that everybody in those places are snobs either, in fact most are probably not.

ReputationRep:
    "UKL evidence" - hmm a poor basis for any argument if i saw one.

i am glad you have withdrawn your original statement and admitted that you are wrong. end of argument.
    Thats a shame. Oh well come back later on tonight when I have finished my daily tasks and we shall argue about if people who live in Twackby are snobs or not

ReputationRep:
    your implication was evident. i feel far from my argument being "invalid", i have highlighted several flaws in your argument and now you are running off to avoid confrontation.
    Erm...which flaws have you highlighted?

ReputationRep:
    your input is not required here (nor respected).
    Why? He appears to be far more popular than you, at least the Don dosn't fancy him.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.