Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by endorf)
    your input is not required here (nor respected).
    I imagine it is more respected than yours, you are trying to make an argument out of nothing.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    no chance, i have a loyal following of southeners and people that can take a joke.
    Where?

:tumbleweed:

ReputationRep:
    no chance, i have a loyal following of southeners and people that can take a joke.
    I can take and make jokes, but your "jokes" weren't funny.

AT was simply making a comment about what he has found. You can't say his opinion is wrong because it is an opinion.

ReputationRep:
    You certainly can't take a joke and you're certainly not a southerner, I may only have GCSE geography but I always thought Liecester was in the Midlands which in terms of human geography is not 'south'.

ReputationRep:
    my jokes were funny to those with a sense of humour.
    making statements as though they were facts then trying to convince people they were right is not my kind of humour.

ReputationRep:
    i live with my dad in london 1/3 of the time. i think that classifies me as a southener. and for your information leicester is in the south.
    I thought the South ended at Watford Junction, so how can Liecester which is 100 miles further north be south?

ReputationRep:
    a lot of people could clearly see i was taking the piss, and i got repped (positive) accordingly. only the northerners who is was taking the piss out of did not enjoy this.
    well your rep's not looking very good know, is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron Huntroyde)
    well your rep's not looking very good know, is it?
    your an idiot, we've had this discussion about a million times. i got neg repped to the ground by subscribers, and i have already stated how much i like my red gems in numerous threads. i now ask for neg rep in preference to positive.

you should pay more attention.

ReputationRep:
    Even though officialy statistics show that tn eof the richest areas for disposible income are in the North West?

Baron have you still got that spreadsheet with those statstics on?

ReputationRep:
    your an idiot, we've had this discussion about a million times. i got neg repped to the ground by subscribers, and i have already stated how much i like my red gems in numerous threads. i now ask for neg rep in preference to positive.

you should pay more attention.
    I remember you moaning before, but I think it's good you put a brave face on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Even though officialy statistics show that tn eof the richest areas for disposible income are in the North West?

one spreadsheet from a survey carried out by one agency will not sway my opinions from the accepted facts that the south is the more affluent region. maybe in 10 years time when more surveys have come out, this will become widely accepted.

ReputationRep:

Of course:

http://www.newsroom.barclays.co.uk/p...ns/14_data.xls

ReputationRep:
    one spreadsheet from a survey carried out by one agency will not sway my opinions from the accepted facts that the south is the more affluent agency. maybe in 10 years time when more surveys have come out, this will become widely accepted.
    Only a fool would ignore such an in depth survey by one of the world's biggest banks.

ReputationRep:
    one spreadsheet from a survey carried out by one agency will not sway my opinions from the accepted facts that the south is the more affluent agency. maybe in 10 years time when more surveys have come out, this will become widely accepted.
    Yes so the south is more affluent on paper, but it dosn't mean the north is poor in anyway as you make out. When I go into town all I see is fancy expensive shops, great health care ( I had to wait two months for an operation which would have have taken months in some health trusts down south). I am not having this argument again though its boring.

ReputationRep:
    Only a fool would ignore such an in depth survey by one of the world's biggest banks.
    lol. sorry i didnt realise it was barclays, it MUST be correct then.

ReputationRep:
    Yes so the south is more affluent on paper, but it dosn't mean the north is poor in anyway as you make out. When I go into town all I see is fancy expensive shops, great health care ( I had to wait two months for an operation which would have have taken months in some health trusts down south). I am not having this argument again though its boring.
    lets not get into this again. what was said was said. i was taking the piss, a lot of people understood this, many didnt.

ReputationRep:
    lol. sorry i didnt realise it was barclays, it MUST be correct then.
    They are figures, not opinions. The figures are not wrong.

ReputationRep:
    you sound more and more stupid everytime you post. "these figures are not wrong" - how the hell can you make that statement. were you there ? did you oversee the survey process ?? no. stop making stupid statements please.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    They must be if they contradict a GCSE geography textbook most likely printed in the 80s
    :0|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    They must be if they contradict a GCSE geography textbook most likely printed in the 80s
    :0|
    LOL, forgot about that, endorf must be a more reliable source than Barclays.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.