Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What makes an Ideal Student? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I thought the South ended at Watford Junction, so how can Liecester which is 100 miles further north be south?
    i uses to get the train from watford junction to aschool everyday (15 miles to the north) god it was grim up there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    They must be if they contradict a GCSE geography textbook most likely printed in the 80s
    :0|
    A Level text book printed in 2003. next please. that was a worthwhile response wasnt it. idiot.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by endorf)
    A Level text book printed in 2003. next please. that was a worthwhile response wasnt it. idiot.
    I don't suppose you've got the title of this book - I'd be interested in reading the sources.

And there's no need to be rude - anyone would think that you couldn't take a joke.

ReputationRep:
    i will continue to stand my ground on this matter until i am told otherwise in my A Level Geography studies. if its good enough for the examiners, its good enough for my argument.

ReputationRep:
    Yes and their source wasn't out of date of course.

ReputationRep:
    I've read this entire thread.
    Conclusion: Endorf, you are a Prick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    I don't suppose you've got the title of this book - I'd be interested in reading the sources.
    Geography "An Integrated Approach" - David Waugh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marina183)
    I've read this entire thread.
    Conclusion: Endorf, you are a Prick.
    shut the f*** up.

ReputationRep:
    i will continue to stand my ground on this matter until i am told otherwise in my A Level Geography studies. if its good enough for the examiners, its good enough for my argument.
    if you put

"the north is grim and poor"

in your exam then I think you may well fail.

Although I did write in my mock exam "lincoinshire is sparsley population because nobody wants to live there" when I was about 14. I think this highly amused my geography teacher.

ReputationRep:
    if you put

"the north is grim and poor"

in your exam then I think you may well fail.

Although I did write in my mock exam "lincoinshire is sparsley population because nobody wants to live there" when I was about 14. I think this highly amused my geography teacher.
    i would never write that. i would back it up with sources.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    because i am. i dont know what you think stressed means...but to me its the fact that ive got pressure on me....which makes me perform at my best..which makes me happy.

why does being stressed make you automatically unhappy?
    i don't get stressed that often so i wouldn't know, and i am generally happy.

ReputationRep:
    i would never write that. i would back it up with sources.
    But you couldn't back that statement up as it is not true, many parts of the north are affluent, most notably Cheshire/East Lancashire/West Yorkshire.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron Huntroyde)
    But you couldn't back that statement up as it is not true, many parts of the north are affluent, most notably Cheshire/East Lancashire/West Yorkshire.
    your like a bloody broken record. yes yes, i know, the barclays survey says im wrong. well in 10 years time when enough surveys have come out to be reliable, i may well accept your argument.

ReputationRep:
    your like a bloody broken record. yes yes, i know, the barclays survey says im wrong. well in 10 years time when enough surveys have come out to be reliable, i may well accept your argument.
    Your eyes are only required to realise that these areas are affluent, take Cheadle were my aunty is, huge detached houses, tree lined roads, mininum house prices of £500k+, brand new cars in the drives etc.

South Manchester is also quite afluent especialy the areas that border old Cheshire.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    i may not be the perfect student..but i have the perfect life...and thats all that matters to me!!

i live in a place i love, doing a course i love, with people i love, without a care in the world!!

love Katy ***
    Are you saying you're perfect? If you think like that, then what a load of ********, because no one is perfect, everyone has faults with them, and you just have to accept that whether you like it or not.

ReputationRep:
    Your eyes are only required to realise that these areas are affluent, take Cheadle were my aunty is, huge detached houses, tree lined roads, mininum house prices of £500k+, brand new cars in the drives etc.

South Manchester is also quite afluent especialy the areas that border old Cheshire.
    of course there are areas of affluency up north. areas of deliquancy and social deprevation are also down south. the totals are what i am talking about.

ReputationRep:
    Are you saying that Cheshire isn't a rich area? Because if you are that is laughable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Monopolair)
    Are you saying you're perfect? If you think like that, then what a load of ********, because no one is perfect, everyone has faults with them, and you just have to accept that whether you like it or not.
    word.

ReputationRep:
    shut the f*** up.
    err...No, I'm alright thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marina183)
    err...No, I'm alright thanks.
    thats nice for you.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.