Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What makes an Ideal Student? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    how the bloody hell is being stressed a perfect life?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slowjamz)
    I think we have different definitions of a perfect life then. To me, what matters is how the person who's living that life feels about it - not how other people view it from the outside. If she feels her life is perfect, then it doesn't matter what us lot think, because to her it is.
    If being stressed is a perfect life then what is not being stressed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Monopolair)
    If being stressed is a perfect life then what is not being stressed?
    Impossible.

Edit: I don't think being stressed = perfect life though. I just don't think we can decide Katy's life isn't perfect just because she has stress and handles it better than some of us.

ReputationRep:
    Impossible.

Edit: I don't think being stressed = perfect life though. I just don't think we can decide Katy's life isn't perfect just because she has stress and handles it better than some of us.
    but i dont get stressed so how is that imposs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazzYaa00)
    but i dont get stressed so how is that imposs?
    You're telling me that never, ever, ever in your life have you ever, or will you ever, experience any stress?

ReputationRep:
    Impossible.

I never said anything about her life, I just said that being stressed is not a perfect life! And if she thinks that being stressed is a perfect life then..... - you get the point.

ReputationRep:
    You're telling me that never, ever, ever in your life have you ever, or will you ever, experience any stress?
    of course, just no wheere NEAR as much as ickle_katy

ReputationRep:
    I never said anything about her life, I just said that being stressed is not a perfect life! And if she thinks that being stressed is a perfect life then..... - you get the point.
    In my opinion though, if she thinks being stressed is part of a perfect life, then good for her, because she's probably a lot happier than us lot will ever be searching for some unattainable perfection

ReputationRep:
    , I just said that being stressed is not a perfect life! .
    word.

ReputationRep:
    of course, just no wheere NEAR as much as ickle_katy
    So then you do get stressed - everyone does. So it's impossible not to, which is all I said

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion though, if she thinks being stressed is part of a perfect life, then good for her, because she's probably a lot happier than us lot will ever be searching for some unattainable perfection
    lol its weird if she thinks that being stressed is happy but ok

who ever said that its unattainable? who knows...................... nothing is impossible

the way i see it as, everyone goes through ups and downs, everyone, even the queen mother

ReputationRep:
    So then you do get stressed - everyone does. So it's impossible not to, which is all I said
    but not to the extent of some people - which is what i also said

ReputationRep:
    lol its weird if she thinks that being stressed is happy but ok

who ever said that its unattainable? who knows...................... nothing is impossible

the way i see it as, everyone goes through ups and downs, everyone, even the queen mother
    Stress is part of human life, just like happiness and sadness. If anyone doesn't ever feel it, they're probably not really living. You're right, everyone goes through ups and downs. If you can take the positives from those and overall think your life is good (like Katy seemed to be saying) then you've got it made

ReputationRep:
    but not to the extent of some people - which is what i also said
    Sorry, I was referring to your original post, when you said "but i dont get stressed so how is that imposs?"

ReputationRep:
    Stress is part of human life, just like happiness and sadness. If anyone doesn't ever feel it, they're probably not really living. You're right, everyone goes through ups and downs. If you can take the positives from those and overall think your life is good (like Katy seemed to be saying) then you've got it made
    so you're saying shes happy 24/7? get real.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I was referring to your original post, when you said "but i dont get stressed so how is that imposs?"
    and i was referring to both of them

ReputationRep:
    so you're saying shes happy 24/7? get real.
    :confused: When did I say that?! I was making the point that she feels stressed and so uses it to motivate herself to work - so the end result is that she's happy. If she's human then, like I also said, she and the rest of the world has ups and downs along the way too. But having a positive attitude to them overall means they won't keep you down for as long.

ReputationRep:
    :confused: When did I say that?! I was making the point that she feels stressed and so uses it to motivate herself to work - so the end result is that she's happy. If she's human then, like I also said, she and the rest of the world has ups and downs along the way too. But having a positive attitude to them overall means they won't keep you down for as long.
    well it seems that if you say someone has a perfect life, then they are happy 24/7.

but at the time shes feeling stressed, she cannot be happy.

ReputationRep:

seconded.

ReputationRep:
    well it seems that if you say someone has a perfect life, then they are happy 24/7.

oh for gods sake, stop being so pedantic.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.