Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am heading for the MSc Acc/Fin program from New York this summer. Anyone know details abt the HSBC-LSE international student loan program?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sha_pat)
    I am heading for the MSc Acc/Fin program from New York this summer. Anyone know details abt the HSBC-LSE international student loan program?
    Hi.

I would also like to know what it is ..

sha_pat, can you briefly tell me what it is ??

ReputationRep:
    i think it's a student loan program for international students doing professional MSc in LSE, upto 20,000 GBP, at a preferential rate, without a local guarantor . Can anone in the grp give further details?

ReputationRep:
    when I was in London this April I was told that international students couldn't get a student loan. I'm doing undergraduate, anyway, so perhaps this doesn't apply for the MSc

ReputationRep:
    International students with uncoditional offer from LSE are qualified for loan application.
    Iv submitted my application packet last month and waiting for the result.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yearspan)
    International students with uncoditional offer from LSE are qualified for loan application.
    Iv submitted my application packet last month and waiting for the result.
    I have a conditional offer and taking a gap year.

Will I be allowed to apply for this after getting accepted..?

ReputationRep:
    whatever your condition is,HSBC will and only will process your application when u get an unconditional offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yearspan)
    whatever your condition is,HSBC will and only will process your application when u get an unconditional offer.
    I got an unconditional offer for the undergraduate course... so can I apply for the loan, then?

ReputationRep:
    Any idea about the "preferential" rate ?

ReputationRep:
    I think the rate is 7.9% - check www.hsbc.co.uk and click on "Interest rates" - the link is on the right, under "Useful links and tools". Then you click on "Personal Lending" and voilá!

Igor - I understand that this program is only available to graduates, but you should check with HSBC

ReputationRep:
    Any idea about what's the preferential rate ?

ReputationRep:
    Thx penno, I didn't see your post

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 13, 2004
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.