The Student Room Group
London South Bank University
London

Nursing at LSB

Hi there :smile:

I'm a mature student who will be applying for adult nursing, 2016 entry.
I was wondering if anyone currently studying nursing could give me some insight?

I was wondering what the teaching is like,as well as placements, cost of living (big concern since it's London) and the accommodation?

Also, for anyone who has done the access course, what did you get in with?

Many thanks :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi,

I've just just applied for adult nursing for 2016 intake. Fingers crossed!

Mel x
London
Original post by MelD88
Hi,

I've just just applied for adult nursing for 2016 intake. Fingers crossed!

Mel x

So have I! What other universities have you all applied for?xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by 2coolf2456
So have I! What other universities have you all applied for?xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've also applied for Greenwich, what about you? X
I applied to London south bank but It's very accounting based so may have made the wrong decision. What are the pros for greenwhich?x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Has anyone taken the maths and English test yet?
has anyone done the interview at LSBU???
Hi I am also a mature student and have an interview on the 10th of February, i have done the nursing access course through a college where i live in Ireland. Have you being called yet for an interview? or done the numeracy test? i to am looking at the moment about accommodation and also researching getting some part time work as a care assistant.

so fingers crossed
Reply 8
Hi girls.

Iv been looking into forums for selection day tests at southbank university. I have sat these tests twice before and failed but from what i understand, allot has changed. This year, apparently the tests are on the computer. 30 mins for numeracy for 15 questions, and only 15 minutes for literacy. In the literacy, from what i understand, they have taken out the essay question so its only comprehension. Instead, if u pass the tests and called into an interview, you will have to write an essay then for 5 mins- this is so unrealistic as its impossible to write a 200 word essay in 5 mins. I will sit the test tomorrow, and clarify everything with you girls after. Im so nervous. Wish me luck.
Reply 9
I hope you did well. How waa the test

Original post by Ezgiix
Hi girls.

Iv been looking into forums for selection day tests at southbank university. I have sat these tests twice before and failed but from what i understand, allot has changed. This year, apparently the tests are on the computer. 30 mins for numeracy for 15 questions, and only 15 minutes for literacy. In the literacy, from what i understand, they have taken out the essay question so its only comprehension. Instead, if u pass the tests and called into an interview, you will have to write an essay then for 5 mins- this is so unrealistic as its impossible to write a 200 word essay in 5 mins. I will sit the test tomorrow, and clarify everything with you girls after. Im so nervous. Wish me luck.
Reply 10
It was great. I passed. Just waiting for an interview date. Anyone sitting these tests should go on nhs snap. Its a very similar test to the one you generate on snap.
Reply 11
What was the essay question?
Original post by Ezgiix
It was great. I passed. Just waiting for an interview date. Anyone sitting these tests should go on nhs snap. Its a very similar test to the one you generate on snap.
Reply 12
There was no essay question
Hello Ezgiix I've sat the test last Saturday too, maths was ok for me but the literacy was tricky lol, haven't heard anything from LSBU yet though, how did you find out your result? X
Reply 14
Original post by jumbonursie
Hello Ezgiix I've sat the test last Saturday too, maths was ok for me but the literacy was tricky lol, haven't heard anything from LSBU yet though, how did you find out your result? X

I could admissions like 10 timess lol i couldnt wait for them to get back to me. English was so tricky i spent ages trying to eliminate the wrong answers. Luckily i must have got 3/5 😂
Original post by Ezgiix
I could admissions like 10 timess lol i couldnt wait for them to get back to me. English was so tricky i spent ages trying to eliminate the wrong answers. Luckily i must have got 3/5 😂

Wow well done lol, I'm to scared to ring them, think I'll just sit here and keep updating ucas lol
Reply 16
Original post by jumbonursie
Wow well done lol, I'm to scared to ring them, think I'll just sit here and keep updating ucas lol

Uknow what certain things u cnt run away from instead of stressing jz ring them before they close and get it over and done with.. That way even if u have failed uknow where unstand and plan b.
Reply 17
hi i sat my test last saturday im just waiting for results as well fingers crossed x
Reply 18
sat mine 2 weeks ago and i only just heard back from them inviting me to a interview, seems like the longer they take the more likely you have passed as i know a few ppl heard within days they have failed.
Reply 19
Original post by yrose90
sat mine 2 weeks ago and i only just heard back from them inviting me to a interview, seems like the longer they take the more likely you have passed as i know a few ppl heard within days they have failed.

Yupp agree i had passed but ucas was only updated this evening for interview date.

Quick Reply

Latest