The Student Room Group

Could you date someone if they lived an hour and a half away?

Do you think it can work out if two people are committed and in love?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well, it has worked for a whole host of people
Yes, it'd take me an hour to get to work, an extra 30 mins won't hurt.
Yes! Difficult, but definitely possible between two like minded and committed partners.
It all depends on whether they are worth it. My current boyfriend and I are going to different universities that are far from each other . I've decided to break it off before we start but I don't think I would have if I saw a future
90 minutes is nothing. There's loads of people who have dated someone in a different country (including my sister, and she's marrying him four years later).
Reply 6
well why not? it takes two to tango, go for it
Depends on:

- What each person wanted out of the relationship. Is it casual? Is it serious? Are you both willing to invest heavily in a long distance relationship (because LDRs require heavy investment, both in terms of time and money). Are there any long term plans in place? If so, are these long term plans feasible and realistic?

- The financial situation of each person.

- Whether either (or both) of them can drive.

- Schedule of each person involved. Do you both have enough free time to be able to make regular trips to visit one another without this negatively impacting on your life?

Can it work? Of course it can work...but it's very time-consuming and very expensive. If you have time and money, you can make it work. Difficult if you're a student who doesn't earn a steady income. Difficult but doable.
No, I doubt it.
depends if you drive
Yes, definitely. 90 minutes really isn't too bad.
No, I don't think I could afford it, and I wouldn't want to be in any relationship where most communication is done via electronic devices.
Hilarious, an hour and a half? That's not even a considerable obstacle, unless you're 10.
Yes my boyfriend and I live two hours away and we've been going out for just over two years an see each other regularly. It isn't easy at times and it takes a lot of planning (plus I must've spent a small fortune on train fare!) but its doable.
Yeah
I do that everyday to college lol and it is a bus ride away
Two hours is my max
Totally! Never be scared away from long distance relationships :smile: Not only does it make you so much more excited for when you finally see them, you can talk every day and also find and talk to each other about ways to try and see each other, arrange dates to see each other, go by train etc. Me and my girlfriend have been in a long distance relationship for over 2 years, and things couldnt be better :smile: Good luck :biggrin:
I could.
yes, that's not even that far.
Ask them if they can meet you halfway?

(Right at the borderline is where I'm gonna wait
For you
I'll be lookin' out: night and day
Took my heart to the limit, and this is where I stay).

To be fair if you can't meet halfway, 90 minutes isn't that far if you alternate it (one person one weekend, the next etc). Just be organised and book train tickets (if you don't drive) in advance so its cheaper and less organising as well as not a one-sided effort.
Reply 19
90 minutes is not that long at all. I'm not even sure that such a relationship qualifies as an LDR.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending